Had a really nice Sunday (Pics)

Gattino

Happy Appy
Jul 16, 2012
Ireland
Have had a really lovely Sunday (after a bad day yesterday when had no water in apartment since Friday and had to wait in all day for emergency plumber so could not go to yard) and feeling nice and relaxed for once :giggle:

Went up to yard in morning to ride Cyrus, he was a very good boy and cute as ever. One of the guys who works in yard was calling him a sweetheart :giggle: so cute! We had some nice little canters and popped some crosspoles and practiced our turns on the forehand. Then he went off to play in the fields.

I went home for quick shower and change before going to my parents for my birthday lunch. My sister in law, brothers and nieces came over too and we had a delicious roast chicken dinner.

My lovely sister in law made me the most amazing Cyrus birthday cake.

Here is some pics of the best cake I have ever got.

IMG_2036.JPG

IMG_2038.JPG

IMG_2042.JPG

IMG_2050.JPG

We ate some of the mud (chocolate cake) and grass and was devine. Everyone was very kind and saved 'Cyrus' for me to bring home.

IMG_2051.JPG

My nieces made some lovely birthday cards for me, I love the bareback drawing of me on Cyrus (I usually do wear a hat :giggle:)

IMG_2048.JPG

My mum and dad gave me a bronze horse statue with a girl grooming him, really nice, and my brother and sister in law gave me an amazon voucher to get some horse schooling books :biggrin:

Feeling nice and chilled out, going to relax for a while then tidy up a bit, get my stuff sorted for work tomorrow and then have a relaxing evening of tv and a glass or two of wine.

Hope everyone else had a good day too :biggrin:

What a lovely day, and how thoughtful of your family to theme everything around Cyrus! My family don't understand my horsey obsession at all!

Your SIL is very clever. Cake looks yummy too.

Happy birthday! Hope you enjoy your evening.

What a lovely day, and how thoughtful of your family to theme everything around Cyrus! My family don't understand my horsey obsession at all!

Your SIL is very clever. Cake looks yummy too.

Happy birthday! Hope you enjoy your evening.

They are very good I was spoiled :biggrin:

Happy birthday! What a lovely thoughtful cake - sounds like a day to remember!

Thanks was lovely day :happy:

What a lovely cake and how kind to go to all that trouble to make it so personal to you. I wouldn't be able to bring myself to eat him either...can you freeze it and keep it forever?:biggrin:

What a lovely cake and how kind to go to all that trouble to make it so personal to you. I wouldn't be able to bring myself to eat him either...can you freeze it and keep it forever?:biggrin:

I'm going to look up how to keep him forever :biggrin: he is in an airtight container now :giggle:

What a lovely cake, Gattino! Of course you can't eat Cyrus! Is he made of icing? I tend to just put icing and marzipan figures on the dresser; they go hard, but after a year or so they get dusty and lose their charm and get thrown away... Maybe you could varnish him and keep him forever? I don't know if that would work :)

What a lovely cake, Gattino! Of course you can't eat Cyrus! Is he made of icing? I tend to just put icing and marzipan figures on the dresser; they go hard, but after a year or so they get dusty and lose their charm and get thrown away... Maybe you could varnish him and keep him forever? I don't know if that would work :)

Yes I think it is fondant or sugarpaste, I so want to keep him forever :bounce:

Have you eaten him yet?

:giggle: no not going to eat him, he is just too cute and like Cyrus :biggrin:

newrider.com