Hacking out with children?

juliecwuk

Mar 2, 2006
Wolverhampton
A friend of a friend has asked me to take moet out on a hack with their daughter on her pony....

I am more than happy to do it, but as o would have to trailer moet there I am going to b out of pocket. She has therefore offered to cover my petrol plus a little extra for myself - great :)

But I want to know where I stand with liabilities! Obviously I have insurance for moet but as I will be 'taking' payment I want to be sure what I should really legally do

Is it sufficient to get the parents to sign a liability exemption something or other for me so that I cannot be held responsible/liable for anything that might happen out hacking....?

Tbh I could do with the extra money I could get from the mum, but don't want to get into difficulties!

Thanks!!

When I was a good few years younger I went out hackiing with the owner of the pony I was riding.
My mum just gave verbal consent that if anything were to happen it wouldn't be her fault unless it was something like the tack being unsafe.

However as it is her own pony it would't really be any different as if she were out hacking with a friend of her's

I think that the way to get round it is to ensure that any that you recieve is in the form of a gift rather than payment. Could you get her to buy you a gift rather than money?

I know that you are not allowed to look after other peoples children for money unless you are a registered childminder, but you are allowed to look after them and be given a bottle of wine instead.

newrider.com