Hacking Achievement!!!!!

Chloe's Slave

Dec 17, 2006
I might sound a little over excited but I'm soooooo happy!!! Well this is why:

My mare Chloe is a difficult horse to handle most of the time, she spooks every so often, but isn't that spooky, but she never submits to someone, only tolerates their request, pushy and bulshy at times, and has a terrible reputation. I was told the rumours (I bought her from the stables I ride at) that she's strong out on a hack, bolts, and I was encouraged to buy a stronger bit for her, just for a little more control on my part.

A friend invited me to go out on a hack, and me, thinking worriedly inside, just bit the bullet, put on all my safety gear, and went out with two friends. One of which was riding a completely calm but occasionally spooky horse, the other one riding Rodney, a horse who was an ex racer and had been cooped up in a loose box all day.

Was I surprised! She is so chilled out on a hack, though she has got better with schooling lately 'cause I'm fixing her health problems slowly but surely. Half way through the hack, I was considering taking my feet out of the stirrups, and was walking along holding the reins in one hand by the buckle. xD The only thing she 'worries' about is lorries/horseboxes, and bolts at the sight of a bus.

I am just so pleased with her, that I've now got the confidence to join in all the hacks I can, canter out on some soon, go out alone possibly in a few weeks, and in the company of friends who are as experienced as I am. Okay...:D I just kinda wanted to tell some people who understood what it's like to get through a barrier with your horse. xD

newrider.com