Hacked alone yay :)

Pencilbeckett

Mar 12, 2009
Staffordshire
Hi

I just needed to tell someone apart from my 3 year old twins and the cat that i hacked alone today. The twins have started nursery in the mornings so i have some new found spare time. So this morning me and Ozzy went out alone :eek: we have only attempted this once before and it didnt go well. Anyway this time Ozzy started trying his luck again when another rider came the other way and tried turning back for home and napping backwards but i was persistant in the end i did give him a tap with the whip and then off we went.

We even had to move over for a tractor which came behind us down the bridle path (typical the farmer would choose today to mess with the fields ;) ) Ozzy pranced about a bit and then off we went again, we had a couple of nice trotts and a couple of little spooks which i am used to anyway. All in all Ozzy was a good boy, and i think if we hadnt been passed by another horse so early on things would have gone even better.

Very strange hacking alone. Ozzy didnt seem too impressed by rendition of horsey horsey dont you stop....its all i could think of to sing to him :eek:

Brilliant, well done :D
There we be no stopping you both soon.

Im exactly where you are, singing and chatting and trying to encourage Grace and myself that we are very capable on our own.

I was chatting away to her the other day and eventually a man on his bike said excuse me dont want to interupt you but any chance I can come past, I dont know how long he was there or what he heard :eek:

Keep up the good work:)

Fantastic progress PB. There will now be no end to your exploring.

I'm still being a bit of a whimp and 2/3 mile hack to riding lesson is all that I manage. However, I have four lessons booked over the next 6 weeks, so am going to leave a little earlier and add on a extra ride and then turn back for lesson.....

Keep up the good work:D

Brilliant, well done :D
There we be no stopping you both soon.

Im exactly where you are, singing and chatting and trying to encourage Grace and myself that we are very capable on our own.

I was chatting away to her the other day and eventually a man on his bike said excuse me dont want to interupt you but any chance I can come past, I dont know how long he was there or what he heard :eek:

Keep up the good work:)

Ha ha i had a really good look around before i started singing :D

Easy this riding isn't it next up for you is galloping across the countryside.

Must admit on my occassional little jaunt to lessons (takes 15 mins) I have quite a chat with Edward. I natter to him about the weather and what we might cover in the lesson today......:p

Hi

I just needed to tell someone apart from my 3 year old twins and the cat that i hacked alone today. The twins have started nursery in the mornings so i have some new found spare time. So this morning me and Ozzy went out alone :eek: we have only attempted this once before and it didnt go well. Anyway this time Ozzy started trying his luck again when another rider came the other way and tried turning back for home and napping backwards but i was persistant in the end i did give him a tap with the whip and then off we went.

We even had to move over for a tractor which came behind us down the bridle path (typical the farmer would choose today to mess with the fields ;) ) Ozzy pranced about a bit and then off we went again, we had a couple of nice trotts and a couple of little spooks which i am used to anyway. All in all Ozzy was a good boy, and i think if we hadnt been passed by another horse so early on things would have gone even better.

Very strange hacking alone. Ozzy didnt seem too impressed by rendition of horsey horsey dont you stop....its all i could think of to sing to him :eek:

That is fantastic news well done you, and you seem to have handled it very well!!! :D

Hehheee, all these nattering horse and rider combos! hehehee, I got caught out nattering to Storm by some walkers - OH knew they were behind us but never said anything!!!

Yay for hacking out alone!! I did it this summer for the first time .. we still only really go 'around the block' though, about 15-20 mins or so on the roads then come back to the school and have a good canter!

Well done PB - and to all the others for whom hacking alone has been a challenge. I am almost there with Muffin (or we were, latest fall is not going to help!) although not quite without a foot soldier.
Horsey horsey song made me laugh - this is really embarrassing and I am showing my age as I sing to Muffin 'Have you seen the Muffin man, he lives down Drury lane'.

go PB!!!! :) well done you!!!

I know how scary it can be hacking out alone and i sing all of the time to daphi! or am i singing to myself? LOL whichever.... daphi suffers the trauma of my mariah carey singing! trust me... when i see a HGV coming towards us...i do surprisingly well with the high notes :) LOL!!!

but well done u again! xx

Brilliant! Well done you and Ozzy! Horsey, horsey ... is a great song to sing too - I think I'll try that for a change from my usual "The sun has got his hat on ..." Muffin Man isn't so out of date now either - after all, it featured on Shrek!

Good for you! Lol re the post about the man who said he didn't want to interrupt, I havent hacked out by myself yet but I have done quite a bit of taking Tia out inhand the last few days because she had her teeth out, and the things I tell her - her face is very quizzical, and I know she's listening as her ears move back and forth too! God knows what she's thinking!

Well done you, i did a solo hack for the first time again recently after having some nervous wobbles and it feels really good.

Your post made me laugh as my boy is also Ozzy and I can never remember ANYTHING to sing other than 'star treking across the universe' yeah it's a weird one!!!!!

newrider.com