Gutting a trailer.

MrC

https://m.facebook.com/MrKiasLife/
Nov 10, 2014
Uk
m.facebook.com
Ok so my trailer was with someone else for a while who used it mostly as a storage device, I managed to get it back after some issues and it's been stored at a friends whilst I got sorted with the flat and new job etc.

I've cleaned out the inside and checked the aluminium floor which is fine, the electrics have been destroyed, by what I don't know and I know the lights have been broken deliberately, all that I can buy bits for and have ordered, but here is the thing.

Removing the green algae is proving down right hard, I've tried power hosing but it's a fibreglass roof and over 13yrs old so I'm not wanting to go too harsh on it, tried a mild bleach solution to no avail and some things like jayes fluid. It it's not budging.

Anyone any known ideas that won't damage the roof?? Someone suggested cillit bangs mound remover but it's a pretty big area to scrub so if there was something that came in larger amounts I could get that would be better, or any other fool proof ideas please?

This has taught me a lesson never to half in with people for anything or let others half invest in something of yours as people change over the years and you get screwed over, I was always cleaning and taking care of my pony's wheels and now I'm looking at a few £100s to get it roadworthy again.

Will be worth it for beach rides and little outings though :)

It's an Ifor so I'm not really sure your supposed to paint the roofs of them.......

I'm trying to restore it as close as possible given its age as I was very conscious of being lucky to have transport :)

Why not contact IW then.... they can advise. I'm sure your trailer roof is not the first to grow algae.

Reactions: MrC
Use patio furniture cleaner, the stuff designed for plastic chairs, works a treat shifting the green nastieness and the stuff I used didn't damage my ifor's roof or sides, be worth patch testing just in case though :) after a scrub with that I took mine to the local hand car wash and they attacked it inside and out with their industrial steam cleaners and it was like new :D

Reactions: Kite_Rider and MrC
Thanks Jessey :) I'll have a look at that :D

Domane I've toyed with the idea of calling Ifor but after speaking to friends we came to the possibility that with a trailer roof that old they may not recommend anything incase it causes damage, not sure how long the roofs of trailers are guaranteed for either.

Reactions: Jessey
Maybe the types of stuff you can buy to clean caravans and boats could work

Reactions: MrC
As a trailer repair centre we use a pressure washer with turtle wax car shampoo for this job. Wet the trailer, apply the shampoo and leave for 20 minutes, wash it off. For stubborn bit use a sponge and elbow grease

Reactions: Kite_Rider and MrC
newrider.com