Gutted and soon to be Ace-less :(

Ace87

Quitus & Strike
Aug 8, 2007
Bedfordshire
Every single horse we have looked at has gone wrong. :(

We are looking for a horse for loan, see my sig. Don't mind a project just something to have fun with and work with.

First one, got there and owner said I've changed my mind I want to sell. We said okay not a problem and went home.

Second one, Was NOT what was advertised. Was supposed to be a 6yo Sec D, I glimpsed passport lying in tack room and was in fact 3. :(

Third one, lovely! Been on maternity leave for 3 years but lovely horse - turned her out with her companion and she went MENTAL. Owner didn't even blink. That's normal. Has never been seperated from her 2 and a half year old colt. :(

Fourth one, due to see today. Very excited. I emailed owner last night for directions, and asked if it was okay to take camera, photos to be for us only to see what we look like riding him. Owner emailed back saying NO. We shouldn't expect him to perform as he has been out of work for 6 months. I explained I only wanted to see him walk and trot in the school and haven't heard back. Totally gutted. He was the favourite.

Now I have no more to look at. And Ace is leaving in about 2 weeks. Okay I have gorgeous Quitus but there is going to be a huge Ace shaped hole in my life. Oh and Quitus pulled a shoe so can't be ridden til farrier comes Monday :(

Anyone who has a spare moment, Herts, Beds, Bucks or stretch to Cambridge, Oxfordshire, Northants and Essex - 14.2hh - 16.1hh mare or gelding 5 - 15 years old all rounder for loan. As I said I don't mind a project, just want to have fun.

I can't bear to look any more I keep thinking about Ace going :( xxx

Oh hun lots of hugs, I know what the search process is like chin up xxx

I wouldn't mind it if I didn't know I had to say goodbye to my gorgeous Ace :( and then his stable will be empty and his saddle rack empty and all his bits that I've bought him just sitting there. What do I do with a newmarket embroidered with 'Ace' and an 'Ace' name plate?!!?

its awful selling a horse. or letting one move on. and ya just get reminded when you ring the vet etc and have to say you no longer own them, chin up. I put some of my labelled stuff on ebay and found people with the same named horses. Was good it found a good home :)
Hope Ace is going somewhere nice and good luck with the new one, i'll look later if i have time :)

is he going back to his owners, to the home you aren't happy about?

hugs, very hard. dont suppose the blue cross or racehorse rescue have anything suitable as they are always looking for capable riders for rescue horses?

I dont know if I missed this or not I am trying to remember is this horse you have had on loan for ages and they now want him back??

I feel very sorry for you I would hate for this to happen and quite glad I own Kia. Good luck finding another horse but I can sympathise that you will never have be able to replace him.

Hugs and good luck looking.

Nikki xxxx

Ace is going back to his owners. They want him to bribe a neice in the family who is 18 and recently turned to drink and drugs. They have said if she gets off the drink etc she can have Ace. We haven't arranged a date but it's about 2 weeks away.

The poor horse will be forgotton about and hardly ridden. The girl in question is not a strong enough rider to cope with him and they all know that. He threw her off every time she rode him before I got him.

Words cannot express how much I adore this horse, I only let myself get truely attached to him when his owner said she considered him to be in a permanent home and she would never be taking him back :(

what a miserable lot!:mad:some people just don't consider the horse in all this..poor you..hope they change their minds..p'raps you should give them time to do so, when they realise she can't handle Ace, they might send him home to you..

newrider.com