Gulp...think calming thoughts for me

nat17

Minnie, Sam and Dolly
May 30, 2002
Cotswolds
Visit site
OH has a rare day off tomorrow...so we are riding....first ride on Sam for a month...gulp... Think he will be fine, not too scared..gulp:giggle:

Send some calming thoughts to Sam if you get a spare moment please...I may reward them with a photo of the hunky fat beast..( Sam I mean...:giggle:)

Sending calming vibes your way...... You will be fine, lots of positive thinking, just go out there and enjoy it.

Where is the photo?

How funny - I was just wondering why I hadn't seen anything of you and Sam for a while!!

Go Nat! You will both be fine I'm sure. Can't wait to hear all about it!:biggrin:

Was thinking of getting a fresh one whilst I am riding tomorrow MP, your very impatient lol:giggle:

Yep debs, hubby been harvesting so no one to go out with, and there has been that much activity with harvest the tracks have been busy:ninja:

You will be fine,I am sure of it.

The anticipating is generally worse than the reality,although shouldn't say that as will jinx you lol.

Look forward to seeing an update and pics after the event:smile:

It never happened:redface:

We went logging for a couple of hours just to finish the stock pile for winter, and as I was picking stumps up a wasp must have got in my cardigan and top and as I turned round, it stung me:help:

I have never been stung before but have a serious fear of wasps so I panicked and it swelled up instantly, got hubbies attention and he looked and it was already from boob to back swollen and red:hot: very hot!

I have got a tattoo on my ankle and it's a bad place for pain but I woild rather have it twice than this. We went home got a piriton and anthisan and went back to finish off but it's huge, swollen, throbbing and painful.

So I will not be riding tonight, I will eat chocolate and moan about it:wink:

I have a huge pain threshold that even my hubby is astounded at, but wasp stings bloody hurt!:ninja::frown::furious::help:

I feel for you. Eldest daughter picked up a mug with a wasp resting on it - was stung and her finger swelled horribly. The traditional remedy was vinegar/lemon juice - an acid to neutralise the alkali of the sting. but this was not enough so we did hydrocortisone cream, antihistamine and ibuprofen (on the advice of the pharmacist). 3 days later it is still swollen, but about half the size that it was.

Incidentally my web research said you should seek medical assistance if the swelling exceeded 10 inches - difficult with a finger granted, though her hand did swell up too. But what you have described sounds severe enough to want to get it looked at. Take care.

Thanks calluna, it certainly is wider than 10 inches, I was going to go and get it looked at in the morning but if it does not settle down in the next hour or so I will be nipping to a&e. I can't even rest my arm as normal without it sending the sharp pain through my arm and sting area...not normally a wuss but he'll it hurts:poop:

Ouch! My 4 year old son was stung in his ear a few weeks ago. He screamed and screamed and luckily I was able to remove the sting. His whole ear went bring red but it went down after an hour or so. I would get a doctor to look at yours - sounds like a severe reaction to me. Hope that it is less painful soon. x

Yep, definitely A&E for you...can be dangerous as I found out to my cost when I found out I am allergic. Now you've had this warning may I suggest you always keep anti histamine at home in future?

Oh, poor you. Are you alright now? What did A&E say? Hope you a recovered. Wasps are horrid.

Sorry, fell asleep...

The swelling has gone down to maybe 2 inchs by 2 inchs now, but I still have shooting pains and can't put my arm on it.

I think the allergy stuff is working and if my puppy is anything to go by ( she got stung on Monday) then tomorrow will be better. Feel tired and sick but hopefully will be better by morning.

Oh no Nat! How horrible and also disappointing for you.

2 years ago I was cantering along on a sponsored ride (yes I did used to be much braver!) when a wasp flew down my top, into my bra, got stuck and stung my nipple! I was still cantering, shouting and trying to get the blimmin thing out all at once!! That's bad enough, but given that I was still breast feeding my baby at that time, it was even worse! :giggle:

I got stung on my arm earlier on in the year. Was in my wrist and full arm swelled up for 2 days, but was hot and tender for about 10 days.
Regular piriton should do the trick! The hound (not the epi dog the other one) was stung on her back leg and literally fell to the ground, whole leg swollen up.
Vet advised a piriton every 6 hours until swelling started to subside. I swear by the stuff for bites and stings!

Thanks guys, still very sore this morning and still quite big.

Will claritin be the same as piriton?

Debs, although funny, yours sounds really bad, how did your body react to it?

Oh Nat I hope you're better soon. I got stung for the first time a couple of years ago - on the back of my neck. I went a bit daft cause the wasp was in my hood and I couldn't get it out but about ten minutes later I was like 'is that all it is, is it going to feel worse later on, cause it's not bad just now - what have I been so fearfully avoiding that for the last 30 years!'
What I'm saying is, it sounds like you've had quite a reaction and I'd get urself to the docs. I got bitten
multiple times over the weekend and had an antihistamine which really took the itch out of them so it would probably help as well.

newrider.com