Guess who visited this morning? J@Z :-)

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Today a member from nr visited the cob and myself. I won't share piccies because she is off on holiday and I want her to choose.
Have fun, lovely to meet you, hope your mounts are a bit um more forward and less opinionated. :giggle:

Last edited:
Jane @ Ziggy came to visit, doesnt live near me but was sort of passing by to get to Dartmoor.
She has an amazing sat nav as arrived on time.

She gave me a yummy healthy present of homemade chutney and jam which I offered my non healthy donuts to balance the diet. :biggrin:
It was nice to put a face and voice to the posts and for someone to see my location. I do feel very lucky to have this place as my yard and I like it here.

I said that now anything I post she will be able to put the location with it.

She met the herd all having a morning chilled out siesta, it was sunny and mild and we had a stroll in the cliff top field where you can see the beach and some of the park that I have grazing rights to. I would need another horse if she grazed out there I would never find her!

The riding part, now that's where it got interesting. It became apparent that she was stiff behind again and "not right" it was good in a weird way for someone else to see what's she is like to ride when like this. I believe she could be coming into season and I have taken her off the oestress, although it worked, I didn't expect to still need it by November.
But she was looking stiff on her bad leg making working on the left rein hardwork.

Trying to get her forwards was like riding through soup, I will be interested to know what J@Z replies. I think she will write, wide. :biggrin:

Very envious - sounds good - specially if there was food involved!!!! And also as you say interesting to see what someone else thought about how your horse goes.

She is really nice and its nice to meet someone horsey and knowledgeable, as in she noticed the cob "wasn't right" I hope she is having a great holiday.
The main thing was the cob liked her because she kept nuzzling in and wanting fusses. She liked her, if she didn't she would have turned away.

How lovely! Although every time I read the title of your post, I think 'Father Christmas!'

It was so wonderful to see Nf's set up, I have envied her fantastic cliff top location for ages and it was just as spectacular as I imagined. The view as I came into the town where she lives just took my breath away. Then I got out of the car and that really took my breath away!

Tilley is a lovely gentle placid girl with such a pretty face and delicious lil pony ears. She was very affectionate to me and wanted hugs, with my arm around her nose, which made me think she might be coming into season. The filly in our field is ridiculously affectionate when her seasons come on. I rode her very badly (she thought) because I don't ride like her mum, and she made it very clear to me that she wasn't happy. Nf and I stood around like old horse copers watching her move and speculating about what the matter might be and we both hope it's just that she feels out of sorts because she is coming into season. Having had Ziggy lame this year (and Mattie always lame) I am hypersensitive about whether a horse is "right" and don't like to make them work if they aren't!

I felt really privileged to have made the stop. One day I am going to go on holiday all round the UK visiting NR friends, like Joosie did!

I'll post separately about the Dartmoor riding.

PS - I have no sat nav, but I am a very dedicated and accurate old fashioned map reader!

I have had others ride her and I get told she is a one person horse. But, when she is off colour its pretty impossible to ride her as she switches off.
Its the going off colour I worry about, but try not to because its likely her season.

If you have an email I can send you the photos. PS I love those boots of yours. I have Harry Hall as its the only ones that fitted my ankle.

newrider.com