Guess who got a trailer today? And painting questions

G

Guest 2

Its super! Its green and silver does need repainting, everything else is sound though. It is a mare and foal trailer, but I will be using it as a big pony trailer.
Especially the floor it is very very sturdy I am happy to put my horse in it.
Everything is great about it except for it needs a good rub down and then a paint.

Going to practise loading this week! She is supposedly fine anyway
Going to a show next weekend so I will actually be able to get there with out her being too sweaty!

I am so happy :D
I have always dreamed of having a horse and a trailer (obviously the horse first)

I have been told to use hammer right paint, any tips or recommendations?

Great news! There's nothing like having the freedom to take your horse wherever you want whenever you want.

Happy travelling!!!:D

Sorry but can't help with the paint question....!:eek:

Hammerite paint can be used, but I have heard that you can buy laminated paint specially for trailers.

Best to google it, or phone up the manufacturer of the trailer and ask them.

:)

ive been told to use marine paint

the ones used on boats, dont know if that any use

hmm happy travellling :D

I used hammer right on mine and it works a treat give it a good wash down and rub down with a wire brush and get painting... I painted mine 5 years ago now and still looks good !!

Going to be painting next week :D
Thanks for the tips

Can't believe how much hammerite is though!! Can anyone give me a rough guess of how many litres I will need?

I recently painted my Ifor 505.
Just make sure that the trailer is sanded down so that the paint has a rough surface to bind to. I used 2x 750 ml small pots of dulux paint......just gonna have a look what type??? Its Dulux Weathershield exterior satin. Its quick drying, self undercoating and weatherproof. I painted it on with just a brush and it looks exactly like a new Ifor blue trailer.:D

I used 2x 750 ml small pots of dulux paint......just gonna have a look what type??? Its Dulux Weathershield exterior satin. Its quick drying, self undercoating and weatherproof. I painted it on with just a brush and it looks exactly like a new Ifor blue trailer
That sounds great I am going to see if I can find any similar now!
Shame its raining here today other wise I could have painted!

newrider.com