GRRRRRRR Angry!! (Sorry long!)

Happy Hacker 01

Jul 8, 2009
Now, I don't often come on here to have a moan, but I need to get this off my chest!! :stomp:

A friend of mine bought her horse from a family around 6 months ago. At the time of purchasing him, the family offered for my friend to keep him at his current stable (which happens to be at their home) for no charge, so she'd only have to pay for his shoes, feed etc. My friend agreed to this as she knew the family were fond of the horse, and she'd be able to save on a few bills.

This arrangement worked for a while, until the family begun interfering in what she was doing - she wasn't poo picking regularly enough (there were about 5 poos in the field) - his fly mask was too tight - they freaked when she took him out for a hack and it rained (she'd not put on his rain sheet) and this was over the summer! They also began 'accompanying' her to shows where they fussed over the horse while they were there and even called instructions to her while she was in the arena!

Baring in mind my friend is a very capable rider and experienced horse owner this began to grate on her slightly!

To cut a long story short, she's finally moved him to another yard after a final incident! (Friend was away and asked another friend to exercise her horse - the family stopped him (rudely) as it was past 6.30 and therefore his bedtime! (horses not the man's!)

Anyway, I've now found out these people (mother and daughter) have been slating not only my friend, but a group of us! (We all know of each other - v small island!)

Apparently the friends of mine (who's stables I keep Shads at) know nothing about horses! Funny that, as our boys are very happy, healthy, in great shape and our yard and grazing is spotless!

Our RI is 'unprofessional' and 'unqualified' - very untrue!

Another friend of mine is too fat to ride her horse (16.hh chunky ID)

Another friends horse is 'wasted' on her because she's not at Medium/Advanced dressage level!

My riding also apparently needs work - ok, probably true, but I'm working on it! :redface:

The main thing that's annoyed me is that this has all come from two people who never actually ride themselves, and offer all this critisism from the sidelines! This has also all been said behind people's backs and never to their faces.

Nasty sad people!! :furious:

Sorry for the rant, as I say just wanted to get it off my chest, and NR seemed like the best place to do it!!

Bottle of vino to those who got through all that!!!!! :smoke: :biggrin:

My friend ex wife was like that she divorced him but still tried to run his life for him. Sorry of the subject but it just reminded me of it she would even go round his house and try a throw out his dinner guests. I hope people know what they are like and just laugh at thier petty mindedness.

How annoying for you and your friend. Seems like these folk just like sticking their noses in a bit too much! Fancy them saying that it was past the horses bed-time! How ridiculous, not like its anything to do with them once its been sold! Well, just ignore them and their comments - nobody of any reasoning will listen to them surely.

Wow what a story. That would have driven me mad too! :stomp:
How dare they. It must be so frustrating for you and your friends having to listen to them two. People like that make me mad :stomp:

Id say just let it go, im sure something else will some along for them to sink their teeth into! And they will still be talking a load of :poop: then! There are always people like that in every corner of the horse world! We have some here too :devil:

Turn up at the house as a group and say "Hi, I hear you would like to speak to us, have something you might like to say to our faces? We thought we'd be kind enough to drop by and give you that opportunity. Alongside a butter wouldn't melt/but that the same time sarcastic smile and slight raise of the eyebrows (it's all about the face! :p ). See how big their balls are then. :)

Ps: take a video camera :D

newrider.com