Grrrrrr!

Impetua

So New It Hurts
Aug 12, 2003
Oregon
Visit site
I have to get my horse moved to his new home. It's my first horse... I'm understandably very excited... here's the problem: sister and brother-in-law have a truck and trailer but are v. busy with new baby (not even 2 weeks old) AND they are moving to new property just now, so are too busy to help, really. Hate to ask them.

Friend who will be teaching me riding etc. has truck/trailer too but charges for moving.

Sig. other (whose sister has the new baby etc) is upset that friend would charge me and wants to offer job up to in-laws since they could use the money. But I don't want to wait anymore!!! They are too busy! And they probably wouldn't let us pay them anyway!

GRRRRRRR!

Sunday is my birthday and I really wanted to have him moved by then... But it just isn't going to happen. He needs vaccinations updated which sister-in-law will take care of (she is a vet) this week. Then I have to try to get them to trailer him up next weekend maybe? Or one day this week.... And sig. other is being less than pro-active about this because "they are so busy with the new baby and moving!"

So... I can't ask friend to do it because in-laws need money... but I can't ask in-laws because they are too busy!!!!! And in-laws won't accept money anyway!

I'm starting to feel a bit off my nut with all this. Help!!!!

Do either one of you know how to tow? If so, maybe your in-laws would let you borrow the truck and trailer?

If that isn't an option, perhaps you could look into the costs of professional haulers. Maybe your husband will understand if he sees that your friend's charge is below going-rate. Perhaps he doesn't understand that, although she's your friend, your also engaged in a professional relationship as instructor and student.

Nothing says you couldn't still pass on some needed money to your in-laws in the way of a gift for the new baby.

Good luck and I hope you have a happy, horse-filled, birthday!

Well, I didn't get the horse moved yet... still working on it, I think I can get s.o. to ask the in-laws. They make take pity on me. My friend won't be able to help me next weekend either. Argh!

Complicating matters (but in a good way) is that I found out yesterday morning that I am pregnant!!!!! Which was welcome news, we have been trying for a few months, but makes everyone say, "You know you could just wait on the horse til next year.... "

Obviously they do not understand the power that horses have over me!

:D

newrider.com