Great lesson

Angel101

Apr 15, 2009
Kirkby Woodhouse, Notts
Hi guys

Just thought I do a quick post to say I had a fantastic lesson today. I have been riding since March, I'm 30 and never rode as a kid so new to it all. This week I ended up riding a new horse and she was about 16h and a bit and felt really big! She was a school mistress instead of just a RS pony so felt really different but great. She work mostly off the leg so I had to learn really quickly how to tell her what I wanted and we had a bit of a dicey moment at the start of the lesson when we were having a really nice trot and I tried to half halt her to walk but she just speeded up and started cantering so we went round the school about 6 times before I managed to get her to walk :p

So we spent the rest of the lesson working on my leg to hand stuff and some leg yield and then had a canter to finish which was amazing! and I managed to stop her first time.

Just felt that by the end of the lesson she really understood what I was telling her and my leg was so much stronger. This horse has really helped me improve and hopefully I can carry that over to some of the other RS ponies and horses even though they are a bit dead to the leg.

Thanks for reading :D

Nic

I love it when a lesson goes well. Sounds like you've made great progress if you have only been riding since March! You must have a fab instructor.

newrider.com