Grass Growth Progress....

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Remember my YO was "really helpful" back in March and got his tractor down to clear a small patch of wasteland at the bottom of my field?? This might trigger the memory...

Well, this is how it looks today....

Yes, I've got a few nettles and weeds BUT the area is still remarkably clear and the grass has grown back!!!

Also, I'm eating a large slice of humble pie for all of you who reassured me that my grass would come back at the top end of the field. In February it looked like this...

Despite winter being so very prolonged and it still only being the middle of June, I'm pleased to show you that spring has definitely "sprung" and the grass IS indeed growing back nicely. I'm dead chuffed with progress so far....

(The horses have been round in the summer paddock, whilst this one rests but they're back for a few days to eat it down and then they're going back round the corner so Dom and I can weedkill all the dock)

I love those banks, I would have to make use if them.

Good news re grass, it does recover.

It's frightening seeing the state of some fields in winter, I think as long as we keep on top of making sure its grass that regrows, rather than weeds, it recovers more than you could think possible in winter. I'm just careful to try to rotate where my main wear is so its not the same area each winter if at all possible.

There it is! PB is playing ball now... I wonder why it didn't like it in my first post..... They're the wrong way round now but at least you can compare!!!

I am very lucky, MM. Yesterday I was Sudocreme'ing Boo's ears and boy-bits and YO came down with his dogs, a pair of bouncy labradoodles. (The female one put her paw straight into the tub and then walked white paw-prints around the field :redcarded:, she's such a chump!!!) Anyway, we were chatting and I was going through all the projects I have lined up for the summer to improve the place (poor Dom! :giggle:) and YO agreed with everything I suggested - thought they are all "excellent" ideas, so that's handy. He always tells me to treat the place like my own, but I still like to run all the ideas by him first, just to make sure. But then most of the stuff we suggest is improving the place for them anyway, so it is a win-win for everyone really :smile:

newrider.com