Gracie's Second Show.......and a friend indeed!

Monty

Nov 16, 2001
On a farm
Visit site
Am so excited/ Gracie's second show was yesterday. No pics, sorry. Rain was torrential, and I swear that 90% of the day's rain fell during her class. The lad who was meant to be showing her, let me down and didn't turn up. So my friend, who put me up on Friday night, fed me and watered me friday night, saturday morning, re washed Gracie's only white sock on Saturday morning, got a thorough soaking by showing her for me too, with only one class's rest befpore taking her own into two consecutive classes. Now THAT'S what I call a friend.

We got home and the gear box started playing up on my Discovery, so I've had to leave trailer and Agracie at my friend's, whilst the RAC carted me and my Discovery home.
ANYWAY!!! Gracie travelled to the show in full travel-booted glory, complete with tail guard. (Some of you will know I've been having a few difficulties with her legs, because she was confused between being asked to keep leg still for washing/booting, or lift foot for picking out feet. (Probably my fault). Also we think maybe her bandage was on her one foot a little tight at last show, and that one foot had become a bit of an issue. No problem this time, but my Kelly MArks lady told me to put all four on, even though she only has one white sock. Or at very least, the two hind ones. We had all four on plus tail guard. And my Gracie came fourth out of a class of eleven. I am so proud of her. My friend said she was still having a few tiny balance issues on corners, as a result of her accident in May, but vet says it will get better, just let her do corners at her own pace.

Meanwhile, with my usual handler, Anni was at a different show, winning the Welsh Section C, 2 & 3 yr old filly/gelding class, and also the young handler competition. Not a bad weekend in all, eh??

And they're MY GIRLS! Anni's first red one.

Well done Anni and Grace! You must be proud of your girls. :D Do you have any other pics of them? On the last I remember seeing of Grace she was still a fuzzy long legged yearling

Congratulations Grace & Anni!!! :D

And well done for sorting out the boot issues too.... :)

Here's Gracie. She's still a bit gangly, and needs to grow into her legs. But she's a babe.

Attachments

• LlanefyddShow 016a.jpg
    LlanefyddShow 016a.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 30
Thank you.
Have today been told I have done Anni a great disservice....I didn't tell you that she also won the M&M large breeds. I didn't realised til this morning til I went to pick up my white halter that got left behind with handler. She handed me two red rossettes, I told her to keep the young handler one...she said 'I have, but here are the other two...' ...."TWO???" says I:eek:
Yes, the one for her age/breed class and the M&M. I missed that becuase I was so thrilled with the two I'd heard on the phone, and the signal was bad!!Sorry Anni...you are a clever girl three times over!!

newrider.com