Gotta love my mum :-)

mystiquemalaika

Jan 7, 2013
Well mum came to the yard with me tonight to see malaika and well just hang out,so I'm sorting things out,she done buckets as love's scrubbing anything to within an inch of its life :eek: I mucked out,she took the wheel barrow to the muck heap while I cleaned,purple sprayed malaikas feet before going out.
Then I get her muzzle,mum appears back and shrieks why have you got her dressed like Hannibal lector and why has she not got her coat on!shock horror after nearly 3 summers of a muzzle and mum been aware and multiple explanations on rugs we still get the oh my god why reaction,tis funny bless her I do love her to bits and suspect malaika would love her more than me as well the Hannibal costume would never be seen again!

Last edited:
Yes I feel it will go on inevitably. The thing that makes me laugh,my parents are not horsey and I explain things as best I can to help them understand,mum can remember things like oh you feed that because of this,you use that cream because it does this but rugs and muzzled never sink in :D

My mum is not horsey at all either, she doesn't go much on animals really at all full stop.

The funny thing is, she grew up on a farm and seems too instinctively know the answers.

She may not see the horses for ages but when she comes up she will say things, not much, but just odd comments, that horse needs this, that horse needs that etc.

Its like she takes it in one big swoop, where I have taken ages thinking things through and have spent years with them trying to get things right:giggle:

She says quite straight....and she is so often right. Although she does not want animals herself she has an instinct with them from former years which I admire considerably. She loves them of course but does not want them herself but even though she has not even ridden a horse (apart from cart horses on the farm) I know she knows and would trust her above anyone with any of my animals:smile:

Its great to have a good mum:smile:

Lol, I thought you were going to say she'd scrubbed the wheelbarrow clean as well!

She has done this before,I kid you not,today she declined as she had her best shoes on and feared she could not avoid them with sloppy poop!I do love her so much never a dull or lonely day :)
ETA also she used to Hoover the stone patio at our old house,that I have never seen or heard of from any other person!

Last edited:
Tina I agree,when I made the decision to have mystique pts I didn't tell my parents right away and mum came down to see her in the meantime and said jade her eyes look tired she looks so tired.this was what made the decision for me and I was proud of her for noticing too despite how heart breaking it was.she has a heart of gold and I would be lost without her.parents are precious people

Yes I know exactly what you mean.

I have mentioned in some threads about the dog I had pts some 15 years ago. The one I really loved. My mum knew what was right all along but it took me time, and more time.

She said, well done, when I actually did the deed, which to me seemed almost harsh at the time (her words that is), it is only with time, that we look back, and know we have done the right thing, and her words where not flippant at all.

So pleased to have you as a friend on NR:smile:

Yes mum said the same to me,as did my dad.
My mum & me are best friends,we go to the gym together,even though we live together ring each other through the day to check in and say hello,I would in all honesty be totally lost without her and I would miss all her funny little ways,even hoovering the patio :)
Ah glad to have you as a friend too,its so nice talking to like minded people and I love reading your posts :)

Lol to the Hannibal Lector look!!!

I always think Storm looks like him when wearing her leather lunge cavesson, tis all buckles and silver loops and she looks so weird in it........and as for the grazing muzzle..........heheheee

Lol yes I know what you mean about lunge cavessons having that look too!
Malaika has a bucket muzzle I think the greenguard mystique had was more Hannibal but both do the job in helping them look the part!

newrider.com