Got an Body protector

RayRay

Jan 8, 2017
So today I got a body protector(and plus a new hat). Spent a hack if a lot of money body protectors are so expensive. I paid a little more then expected because the one I saw on the internet wasn't there. However the one I have got has got a beta level 3 2018 level where the one i was oringallly after was a 2009 level. Does that mean more protection I don't know.

Reactions: Jessey
They are always trying to make safer materials so it maybe that they are made of better material. It may just be that rules and regulations change so materials that were compliant a few years ago are not now.

I have a level 3 2000 spec one by Jack ellis. I don't think they are made anymore. I notice the new ones have thicker foam so they probably give way more protection.
I read that the 2009 spec gave more protection around the zip and at the sides.
I'd be nervous going riding without my body protector, even though it is old

i now nervous about riding without one. sometimes it takes an acident to put some sense into you :)

You should really replace them after 4 years or so. The foam hardens with age. Some sites say 6 years.

Im going to have the riding school check the fit of mine thought for reasons(not going into two much detail)

Did you have it fitted by a trained person in the shop?
I ask because i was sold my first bp by a riding school shop. I changed schools and my new RS told me it was dangerous as it did not fit properly at the shoulders.
I was then refitted with an airowear BP at a recognised outlet.
I managed to sell the first one second hand to a student at the first RS.

Most people ask only whether ne can breathe all right and whether it will hit the saddle. But there are other safety points. It must not ride up and choke you in a fall.

while I'm going to get my riding school to check it for those reasons(i@m trying not to worry about it yet as then i'll just get more and scared and over think thoings again)

I'll ask them to check the soulders and everything. they tend be verry conncered about safety so I'm sure they will know what there doing.

Well I did get concered that it wasn't the fit not impressed with gooutdoors at the moment called the one I got it form they told me they have someone that can proberly fit them in today until 12 today but no one in at the weekend surely if you sell these things you should have someone in to deal with it everyday.

atough it could be may flaut i gone with what tough frist trying one(but then i was like hang on i hadn't it anyway) and thinking people in the shop would know what they were taking about, I asked shoudl have just brought the hat and come back.

newrider.com