Goodbye Ramsey

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
Made the decision to say goodbye last night, and called the vet this morning, before I changed my mind. He had lost so much spirit in this last year, and seeing him hardly able to walk, let alone anything else, sealed it. All the family came to say goodbye - testament to what a wonderful boy he was. Vet said he was ready, and I stayed with him, and then sat with him after. My heart hurts, and I never knew I had so many tears in me. His field mate watched, sniffed him, then wandered off. It's been a complete honour to have had you in my life Ramsey, you were my first - a dream come true, and you did everything that was asked of you. For every day of the last 26 years, I thank you. Have fun with Cassie, Goldie, Cody and Verdi. Enjoy the sun and the grass, and don't break through any fences! See you again someday.IMG-20190424-WA0013.jpg

I am so so sorry Huggy. You were kind & brave, and he had so much more love in his life than many horses, yet I know none of that is any consolation right now.

Sleep tight Ramsey xxx

Reactions: Huggy
Oh I am so sorry. And now I am crying as well. You must be completely heart broken, I know how much you loved him. But what a long and happy life you gave him. 26 wonderful years together and the memories will always be yours. Xx

So sorry to read this, but I'm sure it was the kindest thing you could do for him, although it must be devastating for you. Run free over rainbow bridge Ramsey xxx

I am so so sorry Huggy. You were kind & brave, and he had so much more love in his life than many horses, yet I know none of that is any consolation right now.

Sleep tight Ramsey xxx
Thank you so much. He deserved this one last thing, and it helps to know that everyone on here understands.

Oh, how awful. Poor, poor you but you made absolutely the right decision at the right time and I am hugely in admiration of you. xx

Nonetheless, your heart must be breaking. Such a huge gap left.
Thank you x

Ooh sending you my biggest kindest thoughts, you were brave to make the call, I know how it feels. Sending you strength - what a wonderful lad and what a great owner you are. My heart goes out to you right now. Take care.xxxxxxxx

So sorry to read Huggy, I'm certain of one thing, Ramsey had a wonderful life with you and I'm sure he loved you just as much as you loved him, my heart aches for you, RIP beautiful boy xx

The hardest decision ever, but the bravest. Your tears are for you, he is at peace. You have hundreds of memories with him to think back on and they will make you smile again in time. xxx

Thanks to every single one of you for the lovely support. I went to the yard this afternoon to do my jobs with a very heavy heart. Not even Hogan could raise a smile from me today. The YO has been brilliant - organised Ramseys burial in the field, near his friend. All done by the time I got there. Put some bluebells on his grave, cried a bit more (when will I stop??) and got on with feeding and poo picking. Kept finding little whorls of white hair, more tears. My family have been fantastic - my daughter in law sent me the poem below, which was lovely of her.Screenshot_20190424-190112_WhatsApp.jpg

That had me in tears Huggy, it sounds like you have some beautiful family & friends to support you. Lean on them if you need them, even though you did absolutely the right thing it's hard & you'll be all over the place emotionally. I'm glad you found the strength to go up to Hogan, I think the longer it's left the harder it becomes. Sending you lots of love & strength xx

Feeling very low today. I can't put my mind to anything. I know it'll get easier, but much as I adore Hogan, I can't really pay him much attention just now, even though I'm so glad I have him. If I didn't, I think this sadness would spiral into depression. It rained last night, and for a split second I found myself thinking I should have put Ramseys rug on. I'll pull myself together soon.

Feeling very low today. I can't put my mind to anything. I know it'll get easier, but much as I adore Hogan, I can't really pay him much attention just now, even though I'm so glad I have him. If I didn't, I think this sadness would spiral into depression. It rained last night, and for a split second I found myself thinking I should have put Ramseys rug on. I'll pull myself together soon.

Aw, I can imagine how down you are feeling, but it will get better, it takes time and more time. Lots and lots of support vibes xxxxx

newrider.com