Goodbye little indie pops :(

Dannii5691

Owned by Ponies!
Nov 16, 2009
As some of you know last year i took on a gypsy cob named India. Ive come to a really hard decision and im going to have to give her up :'( the gypsy who owns her has moved her back to his yard and its just not practical for me to keep her :( he is still charging me a rediculous amount to loan her which he will not budge on aswell as now i have to travel an extra 15 miles a day to see her. i cant afford her :( its going to be the hardest thing ever to go down the yard tomorrow and tell him im no longer in a position to look after her, im going to miss her so much <3 Oh yes and he is taking her to Appelby to try and sell her anyway :( and if he dosent he will be taking her off me in july anyway as she is foaling!
on the plus side a friends horse is coming to have me as a new mummy as she has just had a baby and cant afford her, and if im honest i NEED something else as i cant bear the idea of sitting about all day wondering how she is doing and what he is doing with her. I feel horrible as it feels like im gettin rid of inds and welcoming lucy into my life but shes miles away and i havent got the money - lucy is going to cost me the hay she eats a week ... nothing more :/

Am i horrible??

of course you're not horrible! - give Indie a hug and say your goodbyes and welcome Lucy into your life. You'll miss Indie for sure - not easy I know.

What a horrible man for putting you in a situation like that!:mad:

Your not horrible at all, its not your fault you have to say goodbye to Indi.

Good luck with Lucy :)

thanks guys, i feel horrible cos shes like my baby but he just wont compramise on anything :( Lucy will be here by the end of the month (fingers crossed everything actually goes to plan) so ill take some pictures of her for you.

Short run down on lucy - 16.2 idxwb chestnut mare, 20 years old (acts like a loopy 3 year old:p), jumps, works nicely and is a xc machine, hacks out well ... on roads, goes nutty in fields!! needs totally re schooling as lately kids have been riding her and have ruined her so even though she is getting on a little bit shes a project for me. She was up for sale however as im loaning her she now is on long term loan (with poss view to buy nexrt year depends on money, if we actually click etc).

she wont come close to india though im not sure i will find another one with such a fantastic personality :( have cried for 4 days straighT!! x

Ahh dont cry.

Ive said before what a plonker I thought Indies owner was. Unfortunatly unless you can buy her your stuck.

I would have a day with her pampering her and saying my goodbyes. Take lots of pictures and keep thoses memorys. You could take some of her tail/shoe/anything else and make a memory box.

Chin up xx

Ahh dont cry.

Ive said before what a plonker I thought Indies owner was. Unfortunatly unless you can buy her your stuck.

I would have a day with her pampering her and saying my goodbyes. Take lots of pictures and keep thoses memorys. You could take some of her tail/shoe/anything else and make a memory box.

Chin up xx

didn't think of that!! I have paid for her up until the end of the month so still got a week, will have a chunk of her tail, as she has just had her shoes put on, first set in a year so there's no spare ones lying about. I spoke to him yesterday and he was actually fine about it. Said he understoon it was a long way to travel and expensive and bla bla bla tbh I think he's happy because now it means he can start driving her again. I have plenty of pics, going to buy a nice photo album and get them all printed off. I'm hoping he will let me go down and see her every so often. :(

On another note I'm going down to see lucy tonight to give my defantite yeah and sort some transport out for her and fingers crossed she will be at the yard before the end of the month. Will take some pics xx

OH What a shame Dannii, sorry to hear about Indie. Give her a big hug, I know it won't stop you from thinking about her but having Lucy should help. Good luck, looking forward to hearing about the newbie NR horse!:)

Oh bless you that is a shame but you cant be walked over, glad to hear you have another lined up.

You will never forget Indie though xxx

Good idea about the memory box though.

Yep agree with everyone else you cannot be held to 'ransome' by this Man.

You will never forget Indie and rightly so, but its time to move on, enjoy Lucy when she arrives;)

newrider.com