Goodbye Alfie

Tillytoo

Dec 2, 2010
east sussex
Alfie my 8 year old retriever cross lab was taken ill this morning. We took him to the vets and he was very worried at how fast he was deteriorating, we took him to the animal hospital where he had a scan and were told that he had numerous tumors in his spleen and liver and his existing heart condition was much more advanced than we thought.

The cancer was not operable and anyway his heart would not stand the anesthetic. He was fading before our eyes, and we made the descion to have him put to sleep. We were with him to the end, telling him he was a good boy, and that we loved him. We brought him home and buried him in the garden in a sunny spot.

He will leave a big hole in our hearts and our home, he was not the cleverest dog in the world, but he had the nicest nature and loved everyone without exception.

Attachments

• memory stick 1 670.jpg
    memory stick 1 670.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 36
Hugs from me too.
Can't magine what you are going through just now. You have lots of happy memories with him to look back on when the hole in your heart and life starts to heal a bit x

Ah Tilly too, i am so sorry :( ... somehow words just never seem enough to make the pain any less .... Thinking of you, and you did the best for him, as hard as it is, and letting go so suddenly is never fair, and never easy ... be kind to yourself xx

so sorry, far too young to be taken, and to be such a nice natured boy.

big hole - horrible when you are faced with these real unexpected ones, not ready for decisions.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It's bad enough when you're expecting it, but to happen so suddenly must be completely devastating.

Sending you big hugs.
xx

newrider.com