Good weekend folks?

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Did you all have a good one? Mine was very busy - various items to attend to, but, Mr T did lots of jobs - as did I. Windows and front door all painted / stained up. Veggie raised beds all ready for seeds. Troughs and tubs in front garden replanted with seeds and weeded. Caravan washed. Lounge tidied up and out-house de cluttered. Horse ridden..............heehheheee. Anyways, what did you guys get up to? Lots of good stuff I hope!
Oh, but is anybody else a bit worried about how dry and hard their fields are? Ours are like rock!

It was a lovely weekend!!!!

We had a similar weekend to you Trewsers, we cleared the last of the debris in the garden where we recently had an old building pulled down so lots of trips to the tip! Trimmed all the hedges, dug over a border in the front garden and planted it up, just some annuals to give it colour for the year and I'll put some permanent plants in it next season.

Took Inca to our local EC to practice being at other venues, just hired the school and played about a bit, she was very good! Took Bella for a little adventure up our side path so she could get used to being away from the other girls and watching the traffic go by from a safe distance. Just walked Puz in hand over the weekend as it was just too muggy to ask her to do much more as she's an unfit senior citizen!

OH did a yummy BBQ :biggrin:

We were exhausted by the end of the weekend!

A bit of horse and a lot of garden time:biggrin:.. now looking forwards to passing out in the heat at work or possibly melting.... the air conditioning hasn't been working, typical it worked when it was freezing out side, but not when it warms up :banghead:..

Very limited horsey time, turned back from a ride on Saturday morning because fatty was lame, noticeably in trot and slightly going down hill, and then took her out for a walk Sunday morning before it got too warm and she seemed better but not quite right... It was too hot for ragworting so I have to spend some time this week on that instead.

I went to a 30th birthday on saturday night - did you know it's possible to get 3 heads in the middle hole of one of those big helium 0 (zero) balloons?!

Volcy are you in the military as that is something we would all tyr and do :giggle:

I had friday off as well as OH birthday, we did loads of house stuff, lawn, car etc and we went out for a lovely meal.

Saturday I went x country training where my friend broke her leg in three places so I had to learn very quickly how to drive a very large horse lorry. OH and I went to the pub to watch the football and chilled, Sunday I rode the boy and chilled in the afternoon,

Lovely weekend and then I came to the windowless coffin that is the 'office'

It was fab.

Hubby called on Saturday, he was working overtime in London, to say he had to work overnight in Bristol and did Esme and I want to go too? So he got home, grabbed a couple of hours sleep and then we headed off. We popped into harvester for dinner then I drove so he could sleep in the car. We watched the last 4 songs of Eurovision and he went to work. He got back at 4am so Esme and I had an early morning swim in the hotel pool and then went back and woke him at 10am. We had a fabulous hotel breakie and wandered round Bristol for the day. The boat ride and splashing in the fountains was the highlight for me.

Popped in to my fav Indian buffet restaurant on the way home where I ate far too much!

We got home after 24hrs away and 24hrs off my diet. it was great and it meant we got time with hubby which we wouldn't have done otherwise.

Yep - Monday loomed fast! But, Mr T incited bad behaviour and whisked us off home to the girls at 2pm whereupon they had a siesta whilst I was given a packed lunch picnic of smoked fish and 3 bean salad and taken for a quad bike ride to the edge of our land. Found a lovely tree next door to farmers sheep and had a splendid hour munching! Wasn 't worth going back to work after that so have been forced to pootle at the stables with the girls. Mr T remarked all his girls were sleeping - heheheeee!!

I had a really good weekend overall. Saturday my sharer came back and rode and we gave her dad a lesson. He hasn't ridden since he was a child and you should have seen the beaming smile on his face:biggrin: Sharer also brought the new baby with her and he was so good we forgot we had him there:smile:.

Sunday was chicken day, I wont repeat as its already on 'the chucks are coming' thread. It was a really good day. We rounded off with a BBQ in the evening.

I was at a residential first response first aid course all weekend. It was hard going as we learned a lot but it was a great course. I am now trained to first aid! (feel like I should wear a cape or something - first aid girl to the rescue!)

Very chilled out weekend in the sun! Did a few chores on Saturday then I just had to test my new sun lounger and promptly fell asleep!
Sunday, went to the Yorkshire Game fair with my parents and the dog. Was rather warm but so nice just to be outside and wander around!

I was at a residential first response first aid course all weekend. It was hard going as we learned a lot but it was a great course. I am now trained to first aid! (feel like I should wear a cape or something - first aid girl to the rescue!)

We'll be relying on you here on NR for any virtual first aid!!!! hehehehe. Good for you - sounds like a worthwhile skill.

newrider.com