Going to Your Horse Live! Anyone else?

Yes, we are doing a yard trip tomorrow. I'm not interested in any of the demo's in the big arena so I've just got a shopping ticket this year (which gets me into the smaller arena, which I prefer anyway)

Reactions: Taffie
I'm not going this year :( can't afford to do the shopping I'd like to so best to not look lol. My old trainer is there doing the western demo, I always like to go watch him but I've seen it about a hundred times now so I'm not really missing out there.

Who's that, Jessey? I umm'd and aah'd about going but then a friend talked me, last minute, into doing a tack sale last week and I made a few quid.....so it's only fair that money earned from selling horse stuff goes towards buying new horse stuff, right??? :p

I've always wanted to go! When I lived near enough I couldn't afford it. Now I can it's two flights away or two boat trips! Never mind, hope everyone has a fab time:D

I'm not - it's just too much money now for what it is :( Drove past this morning and all of the signs are out ready....

Never been no. Not really of interest to me but I have been to other horsey places though.

I'm giving it a miss again this year, as @GaryB says it's got too expensive for what it is, ok there are some bargains if you actually need what you buy, but would the admission cover what you save? I doubt it. Besides which I hate crowds. Bah humbug.

I've always wanted to go! When I lived near enough I couldn't afford it. Now I can it's two flights away or two boat trips! Never mind, hope everyone has a fab time:D
I think we should all just come up to yours Trewsers for a NR meet up :D
I'm sure you could find room for a few tents worth of us .... maybe not this time of year though brrrrr

@GaryB and @Kite_Rider that's why I didn't book tickets, the main interest for me would be the shopping the demos don't really interest me, and I don't really need anything and don't have loads of spare cash to spend on things just for the sake of it. Know a few people going and wish I was now but I'm sure my bank balance will be better off without!

I have a wish list rather than a shopping list! :p. I'm after boots..... brushers or tendons for G but with her short, thick cannon bones, I'm going armed with a tape measure to check out various manufacturers for sizing. I also want some Ariats so I'm hoping to try on some for calf width and height sizing. The Ariats are currently waaaay out of my budget, but once I have tried them on and know what size I need, at least I will be able to order online (or via my local tack shop that does a " keep and pay in instalments" scheme. Jill has never been so I'm looking forward to seeing her face when she realises just how much shopping there is! :p And hoping to watch Richard Maxwell's demo in the afternoon.

All of that makes it well worth the entrance fee for me.

Reactions: Lissie and Trewsers
Ah well we have a new horse to kit out as the stuff we have doesn’t fit. Headcollar, travel boots, etc... And we’re going to see some of the small arena events. Need new riding tights and hat, daughter needs jods and chaps. It’s a social with our club too, we’ve come from West Wales, and staying nearby.

Reactions: Lissie and Trewsers
Hope all you guys going have fab day out! I'd love the shopping but I spent a lot a hoys and A LOT on Lottie's new saddle or I would of loved to have gone too. Sounds like horsey shopping heaven.

I missed this thread when it first started, but I was there yesterday.

Funnily enough, I'm much less interested in shopping and so got tickets for all of the morning demo's.

Charlotte Dujardjin was brilliant :)

I only stocked Pete up with Simple System treats (the only kind he's allowed & will run out before I need to reorder the rest of my SS feed) & got some feed samples.

Wasn’t impressed with Guido the spanish stunt rider thing, his horses looked shit scared of him, poor things. And the bits :eek: They were wearing both a Hackamore and what looked like a curb bit with a massive long shank. And he was using the reins to balance on them. They refused a few jumps and manoeuvres as well. It was awful.
Paul and Bobby Hayler were really good though, good example of how reward training works, and nice to see exactly how I really should be doing ‘shoulder in’ :D I didn’t buy myself much, but the 13 year-old managed to relieve me of my hard-earned cash! I was looking for nice winter pull-on riding tights or jods but there was hardly anything like that, most were very traditional style and rather frumpy.

Our Equine Affair here was this past
Thurs to Sunday.

It's not a comfortable ride for me.
I have pushed it in the past to make the drive or tried to drag my husband.

I've always gotten my joint supplement
For the horses
there but the year got an email
From the company with same price as the fair and free shipping -so in late summer
I ordered the next year's worth.

It was nice it coming to the door, no having to go find a spot and wait in line for a golf cart to take you out to your car with large or bulky purchases.

Looking at the list of clinics nothing was jumping out at me and the Versatility I like to watch and take photos of the obstacles
Has really dwindled to a small 3 hour session and now mostly professionals.

After the fact people always have u tubes of runs so I'll be able to see obstacles from this year.

There is nothing tack wise I need.

So I did not bother this year either.
I would have had a stressful drive and spent money on things I did not need.

There used to be lots of bargains but last few years that seems to have gone by
The wayside too.

newrider.com