going to look at horse

IrishDQ

Mar 14, 2006
Ireland
I'm going to look at a horse tomorrow, I don't know much about him, my mum arranged to go and see him on the phone, from what I can gather he is 15.2hh gelding and is a bit green apparently. well, I'll go and see him anyway and hopefully I won't get splattered if I ride him lol. wish me luck! :eek:

just got back, I didn't fall off so that is something lol. I only walked and trotted though, I didn't canter him, definetly didn't jump. He doesn't seem to have any vices except tossing his head and putting it down quite a bit but he doesn't have his own tack apparently since he's for sale so maybe his saddle wasn't fitting right. His trot is verry bouncy, according to the guy a lot of tb types are like that? *shrug* my position is horrendous after 18 months of no riding! my lower leg was so swingy, really annoying, so that probably didn't help matters. he does move well of your leg though, like he'll do circles and move pretty much wherever with just leg and slack reins so I suppose that's a good thing. he's still quite thin and needs a lot of muscle.....I think they bought him from a dealer just to rescue him but they didn't say that, just that they'd bought him from a dealer. (this yard is a reputable yard though, not a dealers! they have a tack shop and everything lol)

I'm not sure, I suppose with a bit of practice I could be Ok with him, so might try and make an offer tomorrow. He is a sweet horse, just a bit depressed, I think he is stabled all the time and not ridden much at the moment.

newrider.com