Goes to show you can't buy by height?

Snowyboy

Jun 6, 2007
Sunny South Wales
Daughter went jumping yesterday and rode our friends kids pony to try to get him around a course - or rather to see if a little kid can get him around a course! Someone bigger can manage it - these cheeky ponies eh!

She is a slightly smaller than average 8 year old (she is 125cm tall)

I was looking at the pics of her on her pony and our friends pony and she looks WAY smaller on their 12h pony than on her 12.2 :rolleyes:

Daughters' pony is a full up 12.2 without shoes (fine Sec B)

Friends pony is just 12h with shoes so approx 11 3 without (chunky Sec A)

The 12hh has much shorter legs and a deeper wider body and her 12.2 has long fine legs and a smaller slimmer body

The overall effect - the 12h will last longer than her 12.2 :eek:

Can't believe I didn't click months ago :eek: Bit obviously really :eek:

I bought my 12hh section a when she was 2, she is now 18, I am 5ft 5 and still ride her (and my legs don't come much past her belly!)

I can emphasise with this...

when I had Lacey I was told quite often that I was too big for her by well meaning people.

Lacey was 12.3hh without shoes old type sec B

It was some of the reason for Lacey finding a new home ...anyway after baby along comes Harvey. I went looking for something bigger then Lacey

well Harvey is 13.3hh without shoes so he is bigger (sec C type) BUT I look bigger on him then I ever did on Lacey and my stirrups come longer on him as well.

(I'm still ok because I'm only 5ft 2 lol but even so, not what you expect is it.)

also I do remember being offered a pony described as a chunky 12.2hh and when we went to see it it looked tiny! was a seb x show pony type so wasn't chunky at all anyway but even so I refused to believe it was 12.2hh....tape measured her and yep sure was 12.2hh although I'd have never got on it without it keeling over lol.

newrider.com