Gloves - recommendations?

Orenoko

Feb 13, 2017
Hi all,

I keep getting blisters on my ring finger on my right hand. It's not a huge deal and gloves fix it, I have a cheap pair but they've got a hole already after a few weeks. Can anybody recommend some reasonably priced gloves for the summer? I don't need anything fancy but there's so much out there and I don't want to just buy the cheapest as I'll probably end up in the same situation again! Thanks!

I use Mac wet gloves in winter and roekel summer gloves, neither were cheap but have lasted me years and I love them.

Reactions: Orenoko
I just use the cheap pimple palm gloves. They can be purchased for various prices under various brand names.
I use every time I ride and I everytime I lunge.

Changing your reins might be worth looking at?

I don't always wear gloves, but for when I do I have a couple of pairs of Roekls.

They are expensive (I think they were about £20 per pair). But I have worn them on and off for 7 years, they look like new and are as comfortable and flexible as a second skin.

Personally I think they're worth the money!

I don't like wearing gloves especially in summer but if I have to its either cheap cotton pimple Palm ones or the mark Todd super riding gloves, because they effect my dexterity less than others as they are light and stretchy.

Thanks for all the quick responses, I'll check these out. Am happy to pay a bit more for ones that last. Re changing the reins, sadly it's not my horse, I share so that's not an option for me. I'm not a huge fan of wearing gloves but it's a suitable compromise for me. Thanks everyone!

Reactions: newforest
I'm another who likes the pimple palm ones. I have had Roekels, and a lovely soft pair of brown leather ones that were £70:eek:from a tack shop years ago. Only they all got ruined as I ended up wearing them for choring in around the yard. I currently have a brand new pair of pimple ones by hy that I purchased from the charity where we got Chloe. I live in hope of needing them one day:rolleyes:

I've had the childrens pimple gloves, there ok but not the most comfortable for me.
So I brought some roeckl thermal gloves. I brought them for winter being thermal but they are also great in the summer as they take sweat away. In mega hot days they were too much. I find them soft and close fitting and grippy. They were £25, when I brought them about 3 years ago. I have worn them about 5 rides a week. They have worn out though so I have brought another pair as they were so comfy. I paid about £30 this time.

Thanks all, sounds like Roekels (spelling?) are popular along with pimple ones, will check them out!

Carrots do a nice range too, I have some lovely black ones they are stretchy with faux leather grip palms. OH also bought me some cream ones. I have had them years and they wash well too.

newrider.com