GLOS/OXON areas - 2 horses dead

Attempted horse theft last night from a stables on the A40 near Burford. they were disturbed, releasing some of the horses onto the road where 2 were killed and a man injured(not the thief unfortunately). Believed to be after some coloureds that were kept in the field by day and were geared up to clear the field so are not being specific.

This is someone i know personally so it IS NOT rumour

Numerous other attempts alledgedly in the area but its difficult to seperate the fact from fiction with various rumours going round (has anyone else heard the one re stealing for the skins hence freezemarking makes no deterant?)

thieves believed to have been disturbed by neighbours and got away. They used gates to make a corral in which to herd them after taking down some fencing.

Also the following was stolen from glos

***This is a R/ Watch circ to all in Cotswolds District. Bet` 1900hrs 9th &
0800hrs 10th A horse was stolen from a field in Maisemore. This is the first
reported theft for a long time.It is a 2 year old Blk Colt 15h TB x Irish
Draft. It has a long mane and had had its feet am. on the 9th. The offenders
have gone through the yard into a field at the back of the farm and taken
the Horse. There was another horse in the field but that has been left.
It is important to note that this theft can not be linked to the suspicious activity of
those people taking photos of horses across the country. Any information please to
Glos police on 0845 090 1234 and quote inc no 102 10/6/8. Circ ENDS DGB/JP

I heard about the Maisemore one, we're in Hartpury so only a couple of miles away, YM text me first thing this morning, we're now under orders to keep tackroom locked at all times, our road is a dead end so odd cars are very easy to spot.

Didn't hear about the Burford one though, that's terrible that's a fast strech of road.

How horrible. :(

Way too close for comfort for me, the area where my boys are kept we have been told to keep a lookout for a white ford as they have been seen acting suspiciously and attempted to nick a horse from a very nearby yard. Again, thsi isn't a hoax as my YO knows the people from that yard personally.

Horrid news, really dreadful. These thefts are getting a little close for comfort, see another thread one in Luton, that's less than 10mils from me eek :(

I heard about the Maisemore one, we're in Hartpury so only a couple of miles away, YM text me first thing this morning, we're now under orders to keep tackroom locked at all times, our road is a dead end so odd cars are very easy to spot.

Didn't hear about the Burford one though, that's terrible that's a fast strech of road.

its difficult due to being 2 different counties - albeit the 2 instances not that far from each other. being right on the border i'm hearing reports from both

Sh*t sorry to hear that hun.

I don't like this world much at the moment.

newrider.com