GFS adjustable saddles? anyone seen or tried?

vikkig

Jul 26, 2007
I am looking for a different saddle for rebel as the current one doesnt fit her loaner, we were looking at Thorowgood as i have one and they are alot nicer quality than her wintec, whilst looking i have come across the new gfs adjustable saddle, it looks a nice quality saddle however i have not seen one in real life

has anyone seen one? what did you think of it?

Not sure on gfs adjustable gullet, but sister has normal gfs saddle and it's lovely. I imagine provided the adjustable gullet is a good one, the quality of the rest of the saddle will be much the same as their other saddles...

Not sure on gfs adjustable gullet, but sister has normal gfs saddle and it's lovely. I imagine provided the adjustable gullet is a good one, the quality of the rest of the saddle will be much the same as their other saddles...

it looks the same as the wintec gullets and the same gullet measure guide, they come from a 16.5" which would be better for loaner and rebel

Haven't seen as yet but have an appointed with my saddler on Monday morning to check out the GFS Isabel Werth wintec dressage copy - will let you know.

Our saddler fitted her first one to Barney!!!
Its a very reasonable price and although the gullet system colours are exactly the same colours as wintec, the shape is different (not as contoured i.e doesnt come in at the shoulder as much). Fitted Barney really,really well,(she tried loads on his back!!!) extremely comfy and for £299 brill price. saddler, horse and mummy extreemly pleased :D.
Would recommend. We have a leather gfs saddle, which was storms and gorgeous but doesnt fit Barney (typical) so this was an unexpected surprise as we didnt know gfs did a synthetic. Especially as wintec and thorowgood have upped their prices!!!

Our saddler fitted her first one to Barney!!!
Its a very reasonable price and although the gullet system colours are exactly the same colours as wintec, the shape is different (not as contoured i.e doesnt come in at the shoulder as much). Fitted Barney really,really well,(she tried loads on his back!!!) extremely comfy and for £299 brill price. saddler, horse and mummy extreemly pleased :D.
Would recommend. We have a leather gfs saddle, which was storms and gorgeous but doesnt fit Barney (typical) so this was an unexpected surprise as we didnt know gfs did a synthetic. Especially as wintec and thorowgood have upped their prices!!!

might sound a silly question but does it have nice knee rolls? as the wintec at the minute doesnt and this is making the rider feel slightly insecure?

do you have any pics of it? £299 is a great price

just need to sell the wintec

Once adjusted I felt very secure with the knee rolls. The saddle is a 17.5 and Barney is very short coupled but fitted him where the others were too long.
The all over synthetic suede cost £399, which is quite a leap in price!

Here are some piccies, not good quality I'm afraid but you can play the game of "spot the dog":D

Photo-0058.jpg

Photo-0059.jpg

Photo-0060.jpg

Luckily the saddle is behind me at the mo :), but will be on my horsie later :D

looks very nice i think i am going to swap to one of them so the full suede cost you more?

looked at the dressage version today with my saddler, and it was great!
I am going to have it - as far as I can see it is an almost exact copy of the Isabell Werth Wintec dressage, and I loved it! Just a couple of tiny downsides - at the moment you can only get the flocked versio because Cair is still patented by Wintec, and you can't use the Wintec gullets in them - you need the GFS versions (although they are colour coded the same and look roughly the same, but haven't had two side by side so there must be something different about them - perhaps the screw holes are in different places).
Hope this helps.
MM

Hi, our saddle fitter put both the wintec and gfs gullets side by side as she was curious as whether you could use the wintec ones on a gfs saddle. They are shaped differently, the wintec is slightly more contoured. :)

thank you for that SIATC, wasn't sure. Just hope the GFS gullets don't become hard to get hold of. Might buy a full set just in case.

newrider.com