Getting to know the girl.....

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
More pictures this afternoon - gosh, you'll be sick of seeing them.....lol!
What a lovely time OH and I are having. I just need to share our happiness - non-horsey folk do not understand.....
For a start, Chloe is so lovely to handle, I know she's settling in and this time next week, she could well be a different girl, but I can't see her temperament changing that much. She is a joy to watch being led out, OH is so chuffed with her - such a change from his old boy, much as we loved Joe, he was a HANDFUL!lol. I think OH was expecting similar antics from Chloe, but so far so good. She has a lovely way about her - and she is quite confident too which is nice. Her legs are like gorgeous bear legs - and I just love picking her feet out (how sad is that??????!) she is unshod and they are in great condition too.
One of the nicest things about being lucky enough to have her is that this time its a one-way ticket in that I don't want anything from her apart from her happiness and companionship for both Storm and us. No pressure to ride, no pressure wondering what she will be like under saddle and no worry that she'll have issues and problems whilst being ridden.
I guess what I'm trying to say is; it's just nice to have a new friend with no strings attached. Gosh I feel lucky. Just wanted to share!
Will be putting some more pics on later - they are so similar though, I ought to do a spot the difference comp!lol.

Definitely do a spot the difference! :giggle: We will never tire of horsey pics Trews :smug:

I'm glad you are very happy with how she is settling in her new lovely home, it was obviously meant to be for you all x

Thanks Roxy! I thought she did well this morning tbh, it is the first time I've ridden Storm since Chloe landed and I wasn't sure how "clingy" Chloe might be - I mean, even though Storm is pulling faces at her, she is the only equine friend she's got and to play safe, OH tied Chloe up so she could see us in the school. Storm and I just did 10 minutes - Chloe fidgeted a bit, but didn't seem unduly upset which is a good thing, I don't want the level of anxiety I had to work through with madam and Joe again! I think cobs are just so laid back compared to tb's........poor Joe, life was one long stress at times........

I guess what I'm trying to say is; it's just nice to have a new friend with no strings attached.

I get what you mean Trewsers, its lovely that there's no stress involved in this new horse situation, especially in light of you having lost Joe. Make sure you do get more photos, I feel a competition coming on - spot the difference!

What a lovely update!!!

....now Mrs T, you've known us all long enough to know that we loooove piccies, no matter how similar ;)

I'm really pleased for you Trewsers, Mr T and Storm :dance:

... and you can never upload too many pictures. We love it :biggrin:

also if she has come in from a charity, she will be enjoying so much more the one to one she is now getting.....enjoy her.

Yeah, she's certainly learnt quickly that OH feeds the night nets and gives a last pat and polo at 8.30pm!!! She peered over the box eagerly the second night, didn't take her long to catch on!!lol

newrider.com