Getting supplements down a fussy eater

Hmm, I know the feeling all too well. I put Tobes on forageplus supplements and he absolutely refused to eat it unless it was mixed with spillers Fibre cubes. And even then he would not eat the full quota. The Fibre cubes turned him into a very scarey maniac who double barrelled cars and tractors and he outstripped fellow livery's ex race horse at a trot - an actually very scarey ride where I thought I might die!!!

I have managed to get Pro Hoof down him with their added copper just on speedibeet. Whilst he is not being ridden, he is actually quite spook free being led up and down - which he wasn't before the Pro Hoof addition.

All I can say is don't make the same mistake I did putting him on a feed he liked (which is actually 15% starch and no mention of sugar- so a massively high starch content suggested for horses with metabloic issues, and obviously high in sugar because he loved it), to get other things down their necks!!

Dried mind and apple juice (again high in sugar, not a good idea) didn't work either!!!

I would try a different supplement.

Just tried apple juice - she ignored it.
She is on glucosamine with msm for her joints. Maybe I'll try one of the herby ones or something!

newrider.com