Getting Started Riding in Norfolk.

Country_lad

Jan 12, 2008
Norfolk
Hi all, this is my first post on here! I'm just looking for advice on riding schools in East Norfolk. I'm a bit on the shy side but would like to give riding ago. I have ridden before but never had any lessons but I can manage walking and trotting and I can even manage to steer lol but I really want to start from scratch. Would it be best to have private lessons? I do tend to tense my self up and get a bit shy and embarrased when around too many people. I have aquired myself a hat; there seems to be already discussions on what to wear jodhpur wise so I dont think I will mention that as people must be bored of the subject! So any advice would be greatly recieved!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi there and welcome, I cant help with Riding schools as i am not in your area, I'd defently go for some private 1 to 1 lessons.

Goodluck Im sure you will enjoy it

Gem.

There are quite a few riding schools here in Norfolk.
I just finished my work experience at a riding school 2 weeks back.
PM me and I will give you the number of the riding school, and I have a few others too..

Where in Norfolk are you? I know a few around me, I am just on the border.. private lessons are ideal for starting with, you can make an awful lot of progress quickly and you don't have to worry about other people!

I dont know any riding schools as im not round there but
i would advise that you have private lessons at least to start with as if your shy (as i am!) you only have to talk in front of the teacher not lots of other people in the lesson! and then you have the chance to ask as many questions as you want!!:p

I had group lessons for years and then i had some loan horses then went back to lessons and has private and learnt muchmore in the year of private than the years of group lessons!:)

Oh yea and good luck with the lessons you choose!!:D

newrider.com