Getting shut of the damned saddle

bexj

May 8, 2002
Penistone
www.mollycob.blogspot.com
I'm still trekking around Yorkshire with a spare saddle in the back of my car. I've put it on Adtrader, NR classifieds, adhorse, and a few other websites. Not a bite....

I've had one person at the yard interested, but it was far too big. I'm reluctant to advertise in the local rag as it costs a fortune, and I will take the ad to put in local tack shops this weekend.

The saddler said I could get £350 for it, and they will part ex it if I don't sell it by 6th June for £150. So, I'd be happy to accept anything inbetween for it.

Is it worth taking it to some local riding schools, in person, to see if they would buy it? There's nowt wrong with it, it just doesn't fit me and my horse.

Anything I am missing? Ad can be seen in classified section....

Bex

I'm trying my best to buy a horse to fit your saddle - honest :p

On a serious note - it's always so hard to get a saddle to fit - maybe people are just being cautious.

i know that feeling well. last year i had to try and sell both my horses saddles to fund his new one and didn't get much interest from any of the internet ads i posted. But they sold within days of me putting up an ad at our local tack shop/riding school. so its maybe worth while putting up ads on local shops/yards notice boards?

newrider.com