Getting real about riding

Skib

Dec 21, 2003
London
Just wanted to say that on Midweek last week BBC Radio 4, Monty Don discussed the importance of our relationships with animals and then remarked that when someone rejoices about a new animal in their lives, one thing you know for sure is that it wont end well.

There was some objection but so right, Monty to actually say it. Our precious animals are living creatures and we humans mostly outlive them.

No one said it was not real. The opposite. And I thought it helpful to have it said for everyone - when I have just lost my Maisie. And I knew you were worried too.

When J died OH and I had never experienced grief to that tune and that's the truth. Yes, we had both lost grandparents and in his case a parent, but losing J was different. I can't explain it but it felt as though something was missing and I vowed never to love another so much. But what a load of nonsense, the moment Chloe arrived she began to fill the Joe shaped hole. And each day to this day that hole gets smaller and less sad. Anyway, we have a star we called Joe and it's followed us up here, cos I spotted it the other night;)

Hmm, I think for me personally the joy they bring snd total unconditional love I have for any of my animals it what makes it so painful to lose them.
They expect nothing but give so much so willingly that is something no human ever does for another human, not really, I feel very blessed with the animals I've had in my life and when it's time for them to go I only hope they know
/knew how very much they have been loved.

Am still grieving for my 20 year old cat, who died in his sleep recently. I'd had him from a kitten. I've just taken on a rescue from Battersea. They do know how much we have loved them and they know when it's time to go.

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com