Gelded late and mares

It depends on the gelding. My boy was done at the age of 14 when he became infertile. He never really changed much at all. He went out in mixed groups and nobody took a blind bit of notice.

If the late cut gelding behaves like a riggy gobshite mares will often respond by being marish and flirty.

We have one in our herd and he has a hareem of in season mares worshipping him at this time of the year :D He still has all the moves, and is a complete gentleman :) My two love him and he has been known to mount them occasionally in the past.

In the past a gelded late gelding who was very stallion like sent my mare's seasons into orbit and she was dangerous in the stable if he went out of sight so I was glad he left the yard :dance:

Then at present yard another horse thought gelded late had all the ladies in adoration of him, backing up to him and squirting including mine who also ran around in season in next field hurting herself if couldnt see him or he moved fields :cry:

This new one is 2 fields away but can be seen and in same barn of stables but not next to her. He is only new so cant say what like. Beauty though and an arab and owner says he has no interest in mares but they all back up to him and squirt :frown:

If new geldings come it can set her seasons off or if they move fields and this change out of her routine environment she can get very hormonal bless her so i had her on naff oestress and am trying global herbs frisky mare to see which think best but any advice would be appreciated :wink:

newrider.com