Gee tac riding fly rug, anyone???

k8te

Jun 8, 2008
Ringwood, hampshire
As the flies are continuing to eat my poor boy to bits and me in the process, i have been looking for a rug he could wear whilst riding, and have found the above one, and just wondered if anyone else had used it?? And let me know if its any good please. Not sure what he would be like riding in a rug, if he would get too hot, not that we do anything too strenous ;) What does everyone else think? x x

I ordered one for my friend and it came yesterday. We are trying it out tonight so i will let you know. She had a major fly attack at weekend and put the rider in hospital :eek: so my friend has bought every fly product going. So i will keep you all updated. ;)

Shes ok shes having an op and has to go in traction (fractured pelvis) :eek: but doing ok. Right, well we tried the rug on and here goes my run down:
*nice and light
* plenty of room in it to fit all sizes
* the belly piece is attached to elasticated straps and it says if the belly piece is too baggy you can put a tuck in it to make it fit better
* Nice area/space cut out for your girth
* Not too 'wafty' as to be scary (after a few rides im sure they will quickly adapt)
* Good neck coverage with velcro loop for bridle attachment

All in all looks good. My friend is really pleased with it. I think its a good buy and if they flies are a real pain would be ideal. My friend is riding her this weekend and is going in the menage to try her out and see how she gets on. Shes a skitty one sometimes but i really dont think this will bother her.

Hope this helps :D

I've got something similar (dont know the brand, got it off ebay). Its great. I chose white which makes us look like all we need is a lance and a shield:eek: but its very effective.

Its the difference between being able to ride and not being able to ride at this time of year for me!

I've got something similar (dont know the brand, got it off ebay). Its great. I chose white which makes us look like all we need is a lance and a shield:eek: but its very effective.

Its the difference between being able to ride and not being able to ride at this time of year for me!

think you might have the same as me - its a HKM one. the only thing about the Gee Tac one is that it doesnt have a cut out for the saddle - was just thinking it might cause slippage problems? the HKM one we have has a saddle cut out - and for Rosie its been a godsend, she is unbearable to ride when flies are out.

Yep, that sounds like it. It was fairly cheap and I had my doubts when it arrived but it actually does the job rather well (as long as no one sees us in it:eek:)

newrider.com