games?

IrishDQ

Mar 14, 2006
Ireland
Does anyone know of any games to play with your horse besides the 7 games? He can't start being ridden for another month at least due to arena not being finished so am looking for things to do with him to occupy him and mix a bit of groundwork training as well. Thanks! :D

Hmm, I play soccer with mine, with a giant ball. I play 'chasey' - we take it in turns to be 'it' & I enjoy it best when they're it, chasing me:p. Fetch - it's usually my hat they fetch for me, which is great when it falls off when I'm riding. Many other silly tricks. Driving, with or without them harnessed to poles - working on training them to putt a jinker. I also go for lots of walks with them, float them to local parks, whatever.

If you've access to some poles and cones you could make different obstacle courses. With the poles, lay them in an "L" shape just wide enough apart for your horse to be able to walk through, when he's confident with that, teach him to back up through them. You can use the cones for supplying exercises by teaching him to manouvre through and around them. :)

newrider.com