Funny old jubilee

Tina2011

Mar 23, 2012
Gateway to europe
What do you think, I know its a bit deserted on here tonight, or seems so. All them upsets over the weekend. It seems like it generally, everyone seems to have a touch of the grumpies atm. We are watching the 'music' thing at Buck Palace, very good but people seem subdued. Hope it livens up later. My mates went to London yesterday to watch the 'pageant' they have all come back moaning cos they couldn't see anything and had to watch on the 'big screen'. I was thinking of popping up tomorrow but don't think I will bother know. None of them came back saying 'great atmosphere' which would have made up for the 'big screen watching'. I feel quite disappointed really, there have been a few really good bashes locally, I haven't attended as I am not well atm and got so much to do with my animals which is enough for me to cope with when I am unwell. What are others thoughts?:frown:

Put on another thread, Me and my husband have very different views, he has just said to me 'well its cos all the foreigners are coming in and taking our jobs' what rubbish, in the 50's 'coloureds' (without prejudice can't think of a politically correct name sorry for my ignorance) where coming and taking the work, we have had all sorts from the Romans and probably before, in the 70's it was the Irish, and post bombs and pubs being blown up and stuff, power cuts, bread shortages you name it. We had far less then but it didn't stop us getting on and enjoying ourselves, so what has happened? 2012 syndrome. that's rubbish as well.

Feel free to say anything, I am not political or prejudice in anyway, just very interested and concerned and would like to hear other peoples views.

turned on the concert and it was Sir Cliff, so changed channel immeadiately.

Am now watchin the Star Trek movie on Film 4. :wink:

I am grateful for the extra bank holiday and everything, (although one of them was the May one moved and we still get the fewest bank holidays in Europe) but had enough Royals now.

I expect the mood at the event at Buckingham Palace is subdued as Prince Phillip is back in hospital.

Personally I've really enjoyed all the celebrations, I love all things Royal Family!

turned on the concert and it was Sir Cliff, so changed channel immeadiately.

Am now watchin the Star Trek movie on Film 4. :wink:

I am grateful for the extra bank holiday and everything, (although one of them was the May one moved and we still get the fewest bank holidays in Europe) but had enough Royals now.

Oh gowd, cliff always turns up lol, There are some really good ones on there though:smile: Miss Bassy atm she is brilliant star, never thought so when she was 'popular' back in the time, but have to admit she is one great professional singer

I actually feel sorry for the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, they are a similar age to my mother and as my daughter rightly pointed out yesterday we wouldn't allow her out in that weather let along to stand for hours on a boat in the rain!

A very old fashioned idea....duty. Have you seen how happy she looks at a horse show??

Still watching though some good bits some not to my taste!

Its been crap so far. Ive only thought Kylie and Robbie sounded good. Poor Queenie. Bet she would rather be in doors worrying about Philip

I actually feel sorry for the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, they are a similar age to my mother and as my daughter rightly pointed out yesterday we wouldn't allow her out in that weather let along to stand for hours on a boat in the rain!

A very old fashioned idea....duty. Have you seen how happy she looks at a horse show??

Still watching though some good bits some not to my taste!

Yes its fab and so is she. I am sure she shed a little tear at the pageant yesterday, not for the boats, 'Joey ' did it. I watched the 'horse thing yesterday as well, brilliant. Some naff bits but the parade of her horses at the end was just wonderful.

What I like about the Queen is her stoic continuity. This country has been up and down, but she remains the same. To me this is what has made britain great. I am probabley very old fashioned and this could be a debat in itself but I think she is about the only 'back bone' we have got atm. She represents everything that GB means, and she does a brilliant job of it.

P.S. I think 'duty' is essential to us all. could be another big debate:unsure: in this modern world everyone just seems to be out for themselves and it can't work. we are all cogs in a big wheel:smile:

Bored, bored, bored of it all! In a way I feel sorry for her, having anyone close to you in hospital isn't nice. On the other hand she has had a lot of stuff handed to her on a plate while the country struggles. Can't say I'm a royal family fan!

I do accept and see the "cost to the taxpayer of the Royal Family" argument, but I feel that it is something we have left from our history that we can and should be proud of.

As for Elizabeth, I think she is a remarkable lady - at 86 to carry on the way she does is amazing. I think a lot of things are still too traditional like not smiling much etc, but the fact that she let Prince William "break the rules" to have his wedding day how he wanted it etc shows her human side. I much prefer her to keep on as queen than for Charles to take over - I find it much harder to see a compassionate, caring side to him - though Im sure he does have one.

As for jubilee celebrations, we had a street party at my mum and dads - it was lovely - over 100 people and road closed, all sorts of games, music and foods from around the world - blessings from different faiths, a veggie BBQ, a burger/sausage BBQ and a halal BBQ - it was really nice. Ironically I have spent a lot of time sat down or indoors with my nan who is 82 as in the last year or so she doesn't cope with big gatherings, temperature changes or standing up for long very well... which makes me appreciate all the more how stoic the Queen is at 86! :)

Jezz poor old queenie, Rolfs come out of hiding (not his fault) bet the queen would rather be with Phil (poor Rolf and her how embarressing and stressful) oh no, Stevie Wonder? Goodness I am glad I am not the queen but she has no chose really, ths is what I mean, she takes it on board, for us not so she can have money and servants. Think about it

I'm not faffed about the Royal Family and wouldn't be watching the jubilee stuff on TV even if I was in the UK. Nevertheless tonight I had much fun participating in my boss's mum's Jubilee Garden Party (yes it was a sunny warm evening here in Frogland!) and even won a Queen head key fob and beer mug in the pass-the-parcel! Bet the Queen would be having a much better day if she'd tasted some of my boss's coronation chicken :tongue:

Madness I love, but it is so subdued. Whatever is going on? Oh hang on Peter Kay has come on, if a northerner can't get um going or a Scotsman nothing will. OMG last act of the night really. Flippin eck. Must be the air, or the water or something? what? Oh lord, no wonder folkes of today are so depressed. Just don't know what to make of it. Have we been taken over by alien mind controllersa:) Well they ain't got me yet, but very distressing all the same. Go Paul, I remember all the songs and all the fun. so sad know one seems to be having any now:cry::cry::cry:

I haven't really watched any of it. I caught a bit of the boat parade thingy but only coz i couldn't sleep and it was being repeated on BBC HD. I might feel more in the mood this afternoon as off to a jubilee tea party. But i've spent the morning working from home and would rather be at work to be honest as i've a hectic timetable starting tomorrow and i want to start preparing!

We went out all day to picnic in the park and watch the concert. Was about 500 ish. Ment to be triple that but was still good. Although the giant tv was a tad small as the giant one died in the rain the day before. Lol

Cut me in half and you find a British Flag. I love the whole thing The Queen is a truly amazing woman and most of what she does must be completely mind numbing for her but she does it for our Nation to keep up 'up' there where we need be seen in such horrid times.

Princes Charles speak was excellent and heart felt.

Maybe me it is because I swore my allegiance to the Queen my I joined the RAF and the National Anthem I sing as load and proud as I can.

Listening to the crowd chanting 'God save the Queen' brought tears to me eyes.

newrider.com