Funny coloured food

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
I have just had a Halloween cake and tbh it felt all wrong eating it, as the icing was black and the middle lurid green!lol yet it tasted nice enough. I wonder if the horses really care about food colours? Wonder if their grass was pink they'd still love it?? I remember a long time ago as a kid they coloured potatoes and stuff all the wrong colours in an experiment. The testers just couldn't enjoy them!
I do get easily put off my food thougho_O so it probably wouldn't matter to my two - I know they go by smell anyway.......

People are very reluctant to eat blue food. Green is generally ok but bright colours apart from yellow-orange-red don't go down well. I think a lot of it is programming from the (long long distant) wild!

Reactions: Trewsers
They tested similar with seagulls. They ignored green coloured food.

Horses don't see colour like we do though.
But if mine spots a bucket, she isn't thinking oh that's red that's not mine. She thinks poke head in could be food. She is always on the look out for food.

Reactions: Trewsers
Yep my Storm is always on the look out for food. But, she did once take great exception to a bright pink haynet, took me ages for her to get used to it, even the forbidden hayledge didn't tempt her at first!

newrider.com