Funny/clever things that horses do

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
Having read mich301's thread on potty trained horses it got me wondering what other clever tricks your horses get up to.

Rafi's sense of humour has been coming out and he has managed to unzip my jacket (back in the days when it was cool enough to wear a jacket) and tonight he pinched my cap and threw it away when I was bending over his legs. Ok, I know those are things that most horses do but its early days for us and I'm still surprised and excited about every new thing I find out about him.

But I'd love to hear what other people's ponies get up to in their spare time!

Flora can pull out the electric fence posts with her teeth and step over them. Little Chrunchie can take his bridle off always when your not looking.

Laurie donkey is nicknamed Houdini, he is brilliant at undoing door/gate bolts, so I tie them too. Now he's ace at undoing knots. He collects sticks and toys and stones and put them in the trough.

One of my friends horses Wallet loves to walk around with things in his mouth, buckets,brooms,hose pipe etc...here he was with a stick

CopyofCranborneManor007Small.jpg

Kev

LOL! Funny, especially love Wallet!

I used to look after a stallion that used to be potty "trained" - I think it's just a stallion thing though. He used to sling his feed bucket out of the stable door when he'd finished too... woe is anybody who walks past at the unfortunate moment!

The Stallion i work with hands you his headcollar off its peg when he wants to go out

Jen likes to give ther farrier wedgies :D she delicatly grabs any bit of pants/boxers that may be in sight and pulls, hard! Never does it with his jeans/belt though :rolleyes:

Mol throws her headcollar off the peg at you when she wants to get out of her stable in the winter, and she's another one for throwing her bucket out of the stable.

Yawning as you get the bridle out! :D My friends old pony used to do that, really cheekily! and pretend she was 'too tired' to go and do a bit of light work! ;)

My lad takes a drink of water then dribbles a mouthful all over me (which is quite nice in this heat!), he bites my bum when I pick out his front feet, he twangs my jods...

:D

newrider.com