Funeral tomorrow

Chev, I will be thinking of you and am sending you every positive vibe I can muster. It will all go smoothly I'm sure but take care of yourself and remember, Mr Chev may no longer be with you in the flesh, but, he will always be with you in your thoughts and in your heart, no one can ever take that from you x x

Reactions: chev
Give him the send off he deserves x. Hope everything goes well. I have been thinking about you a lot recently and will do so tomorrow too. Love to you and your family x

I'll be thinking of you Chev, and sending good vibes that everything goes well tomorrow. I hope you're holding up ok? Love, Ruth.

big_hugs_bear.gif

We will think of you Chev tomorrow and hope it helps a little to have friends there and the ceremony. But afterwards over the next few weeks, dont hesitate to come back on NR - when you are sad. You are so much loved here, even though we would not know you if we passed you in the street.

We went to a similar funeral after lung cancer of a friends wife two weeks ago. And it was a kind, respectful service which may have helped friends and family more than it did the husband who had lost his wife and lost a happy marriage. It was good for us because it gave us a chance to remember and hear about her life. Traditional Jewish funerals are quite different. It is a religious commandment to bury the dead and it is done within 24 hours. There is no personal service, just a few prayers and the practical matter of burial. It is a good deed you are doing for the person who has died. It is only after that that the mourning starts. And after a week of meeting and memorial prayers at the person's home, it continues for a year. The funeral is not an event which wraps it up and you are then expected to carry on as normal.
I am not saying that is easier. My close friend died in her sleep with no warning and it was very upsetting to see her buried next day. Whenever it happens a funeral is going to be distressing - But you did so much for your OH when he was ill Chev and this is one more thing you are doing for him.

newrider.com