Fun cold day Saturday thread.....

horseandgoatmom

Dec 3, 2014
Rhode Island,New england
Who will have the strangest things...

If someone walked into your basement or storage area or similar space.
What is the oddest thing someone
Might find. (Odd to them)

I'll start

I have 3 worm boxes that are doing really well.
Red wrigglers, night crawlers,and a southern garden worm.
(No I don't fish they are for the garden)
It's probably even stranger the first one I started last winter spent the winter under my dining room table.
No they don't smell nor are they dirty
It just looked like a double storage box with small holes sitting under the table.

What does every one else have

Hehehe good thread!
Right, if someone walked into the garage / utility room here.........
I suppose the odd things might be:
The Christmas tree in the corner which is waiting to be planted out (but it looks super odd because Zi has been playing with it and stripped the bark off the top trunk:eek:)
A practically brand new Smeg oven (don't ask:rolleyes:)
A boiler with a door taken off and a GLOVE perched on the on / off switch (cos it gets warm, long story!)
I suppose not too weird! Lol I have been known to keep much stranger things in there like horses.......:p

You know, this thread has made me think - I need to finish what I started in the garage LAST spring:eek:
I was supposed to be getting shut of the oven and the boxes that we brought with us......:oops:

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
I forgot I have the horses and goats ration balancers and supplements down there too.

Forgot one other kind of cool odd thing
A GIGANTIC bank safe.

It was kind of put in when they built the house so it really had to stay.

It's a shame I don't have lots of things to fill it.:confused::p:p

Reactions: Trewsers
Uhm - well they're vaulted stone "caves" built onto the rock face which make the foundations for the house. so the ground floor is caves, the second floor is living space & 3rd floor bedrooms. They're not scary as there's electricity and doors etc. We use them for storage, washing machine, 2nd freezer and one is my OH's workshop. There's only one scary one that I don't go in and that used to be a donkey shed

My shed looks like some form of vet storage facility! I used to have an aviary and breed and hand rear birds so there is a collection of heat lamps, medical cages, travel cages, feeding equipment, little bottles of medicines... All needs sorting really! And then dog and horse medical bits and bobs, also needs sorting

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
newrider.com