Fryday food etc

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Just feeling at one with the world having devoured breakfast fried (title heheee) potatoes with corned beef thrown in for good measure. Have drunk my own bodyweight in filter coffee and the sun is pouring in through the stable door (we have stable doors on the house back and front) and I feel very full and happy.
So, new folk are splendid next door. So normal. Just what the place needs. I have a viewing tonight - but not quite sure how it will pan out as they aren't interested in the horsey side. We shall see. Going to keep the madam company - she's fed up now, so her leg must be mending. She gave the most heart wrenching whinny of sadness this morning as I left her to come and make breakfast. :( Chloe of course is ignoring her - why do they do this? J never answered Storm either. They are strange at times!
What's everyone else doing and eating? I am house hunting on the interweb and also have more boxes to pack up.

Fresh hens eggs courtesy of my lovely Aunt and her lovely hens. Instant coffee as I can't stand filter coffee. Have worked Cally and now going back up to spend time with Zak-Dude. Perfect day!

Reactions: Trewsers
Currently eating a Hotel Chocolat praline crisp with my coffee! I am going to make chicken with tomato and olives for me and the hubby tonight, and a little roast chicken dinner for the kids. Got LOADS of work on and deadlines tomorrow - so obviously I am monging around on New Rider! Hopefully will squeeze in a 15 min ride on Rox at some point but still need to muck out, argh!

I have cuppa tea with rice crispies for breakfast will be having a salad lunch( I am back trying to lose the weight through healthy eating)...... My OH is giving the front room a much needed fresh coat of paint ready fr a viewing this weekend nothing like leaving things till the last minute lol ....On NR rider and day dreaming about moving and looking on the web for properties
Once hes finished will have the afternoon / evening with the ponies.

I've just spent a productive hour keeping madam company. Whilst she wandered the yard I skipped out and then decided to oil OH's Mountain Horse boots with leather dressing. They look good - now he just needs another horse to ride to wear 'em!lol. I found some Shires ones of mine that haven't seen daylight since 2005 so spammed those up with some leather stuff. They look good too - one can never have enough boots......:D
I also finally got around to digging out some horse boots. I'm putting them up on here for sale. Can't see OH or myself ever having a jumping pony againo_O

I ate a whole packet of rich tea biscuits this morning and now I'm attempting to do enough today to burn them off!

Cycling, mucking out and 4 hours of tidying store room at work so I'm hoping I've made some sort of dent in it :p

I ate a whole packet of rich tea biscuits this morning and now I'm attempting to do enough today to burn them off!

Cycling, mucking out and 4 hours of tidying store room at work so I'm hoping I've made some sort of dent in it :p

Lol I should think they have long gone!!

My feet are so sore today! I'm off tomorrow so debating wether to go cycling or wether just to stay in and make some dairy free cupcakes!!

I've just spent a productive hour keeping madam company. Whilst she wandered the yard I skipped out and then decided to oil OH's Mountain Horse boots with leather dressing. They look good - now he just needs another horse to ride to wear 'em!lol. I found some Shires ones of mine that haven't seen daylight since 2005 so spammed those up with some leather stuff. They look good too - one can never have enough boots......:D
I also finally got around to digging out some horse boots. I'm putting them up on here for sale. Can't see OH or myself ever having a jumping pony againo_O
I love boots. I have 12 pairs at the mo, riding and ordinary wear. I now want some paddock boots and gaiters though! Got to keep feeding that boots addiction...

Well the viewing was pants. None horsey folk. Said nothing good about the house and looked mortified when I made light conversation about the new people maybe keeping some chickens!lol they looked relieved when we told them there wasn't a working farm next door. Hmm. Strange to come and look at such a remote place and not have a liking for the countryside? Ah well. The sheep were a worry too. They didn't look too understanding of them free ranging. Still, its not for everyone.:)

Why oh why do people like that come and view and obviously rural property? With all the rural aspects that come with it? Folk are strange - when ours was up for sale we had some Dubs come out and asked if the council had any plans to put lighting up our lane??? Ermmmm...the nearest street lighting is 5 miles away so no chance they will ever put it up here in the middle of nowhere!:D

Been absolutely beautiful weather the last couple of days and today was the best still, and got up to 23 degrees this afternoon. Schooling in a T-shirt with the sun on my neck felt amazing, it's been so long! Mouse's rider and her mum came over this evening to use the school and brought Mouse along too so I could say hi. I didn't know they were bringing him so it was a lovely surprise to hear his little whinny as the lorry came up the driveway :D I was just finishing up on the yard so I thought I may as well have a little ride on him while they were there. So we joined the others in the school and I gave my poor pony a bit of a workout and then I'm not sure what came over me but his rider was playing over some miniscule jumps with her pony and before I knew it I was riding towards one of them myself :p We ended up doing a little course of 5 jumps including a wee spread. It's the first time I've jumped Mouse and he was super and I couldn't stop grinning. I have now got this awful feeling that I'm tempted to do the 50cm class with him at a training show in 4 weeks' time o_O Someody tell me not to!

Foodwise, well my boss's parents left today for 10 days in Albania so I have been left to my own devices in the kitchen. Never a good thing :rolleyes: But we had some leftover chicken and lamb stew from having friends over last night, which I'd forgotten to eat at lunchtime, so having got in from work at 8pm after playing with my beastling I just had to heat it up and pop some pasta on and voila, dinner in 5 :cool: Mega noms!

Started my new job this week, so a lot less stressed than before as deadlines are different so a different kind of stress.

Still really poorly have had gastroenteritis of the last 10 days so very weak. schooled the ginger pony tonight after work he was amazing.

Had Chinese for dinner Singapore noddles followed by a bag of almonds trying to gain weight as lost over 5 pounds in a week and not looking good for it plus feel weak. but the food does not last in me very long still.

Have had bloods taken to see if there is more going on :(

Have a RC comp tomorrow SJ and dressage.

I have 3 days off work. Typically I've woken up to rain :| yesterday I had a lovely retail therapy day, hammered the bank card and had a fab catch up with a friend of mine. Today I plan to be very proactive in the "redecorate the house top to bottom". I shall probably drive to mc d's to pick up brekkie. Probably a double sausage and egg mc muffin and some porridge. Then take a Stanley knife to the carpets in the hall and landing.
Womble is on full livery all weekend so probably take a nap then start to get ready later on for Jens hen night (midnight ashes from here).
They are off to the races today and then to zaza bazaar this evening (huge all you can eat in Newcastle. You start at fish and chips and end at burritos). I plan to stuff my face tonight. Unfortunately not joining them at the races but I have a new outfit for tonight and have fake nails and such at the ready to apply.

Tomorrow I will be hopefully tackling the garden if the weather has improved.

Started my new job this week, so a lot less stressed than before as deadlines are different so a different kind of stress.

Still really poorly have had gastroenteritis of the last 10 days so very weak. schooled the ginger pony tonight after work he was amazing.

Had Chinese for dinner Singapore noddles followed by a bag of almonds trying to gain weight as lost over 5 pounds in a week and not looking good for it plus feel weak. but the food does not last in me very long still.

Have had bloods taken to see if there is more going on :(

Have a RC comp tomorrow SJ and dressage.

Hope your stomach settles down soon. Horrid for you.

newrider.com