From the Devil to an Angel in 2 hours?

BeachRiding

Aug 26, 2004
USA
Yesterday I got on Gitcha for a ride and it was hell. He scared me so much. Spinning, rearing, I felt like he was about ready to burst into a bucking fit or flat-out bolt. He had been lunged before, so it wasn't just too much energy, he wanted nothing to do with me. I knew that if I didn't get off I was going to get hurt. I then decided that he was too much for me and I would never have fun with him.

2 hours later to reassure myself it was time to let go I tacked him up and got on. He was a complete angel! He didn't put a foot wrong! He was almost lazy, not the horse about to burst just a whie ago. I even jumped him several times, and he was so calm, even though I was in a bitless this time ( usually he's worse in a bitless). I had fun!

So, now I am just confused. Any ideas? The only difference was the heat level, it was cooler for the later ride, but could that have made such a difference?

Last edited:
Thats weird, I wasnt going to reply as I have no helpful advice but thought I would. (I am currently frowning as I read your post as I don't know the answer!)

SA- My parents are too busy to take him to the trainer, so until they can do it he's not leaving. It's unfortunate, but its not my decision as I can't drive him myself!

newrider.com