Friesian Inspections 2009

Jessica23

Sep 3, 2007
Gloucestershire
www.wildbriars.co.uk
Is anyone going?

Its only a private inspection this year, no members of the public allowed! I was toying with the idea of taking Una along again this year as she is looking particularly nice at the moment, but sadly its on the same day as a doggie show so she will have to wait til next year :rolleyes:

No i dont think so. Last year i took Una along and it was open to the public :D I think its a private one in England this year purely because the "main" Inspections are being held in Ireland this year so its just being put on for those who dont want to take their horses all the way to Ireland :)

I'm deliberating over taking Charlie, it's the cost as it's £100 (£50 to enter & £50 for a runner) and i've got an expensive July coming up so not sure if I can afford it. Also, it's a good 3 hours towing at least so it would be a really long day and as it's on a Friday I would have to take holidat from work and so would my husband. Oh, and also, i didn't renew my membership this year with the FHAGBI, so that's another £70!! So, as you can tell, it's looking more likely I won't be going! x

lol yes it works out VERY expensive. Though, you would probably only have to pay half year membership, thats all i had to last year. FHAGBI are really good about that actually. The membership does seem VERY expensive to me, thats the only reason i didnt renew this year. If it stays at £70 a year i will only renew when i want to take Una to the gradings.

Last year it cost me around £300-ish in all so its pretty expensive!

Blimey, £300 is alot of money! I have my white bridle already though so that saves a bit, i'll be using it for the first time at our first show this year on Sunday, :)

I did email Jane and she's emailed back saying it would be £70, however, I suppose if I enquire she might reduce it, especially as they are looking to get 25 horses to go otherwise they will need to cancel.

I agree with you, the membership is very expensive, that's why I didn't renew this year, also as it's due in Jan just after Xmas!

x

If you email Julian you might get a reduced fee. It was him who dealt with my membership and he was really helpful..

If it hadn't been for it clashing with the dog show i'd have probably taken Una. A lot of my expense came from hiring the lorry to get her there!

But yeah, all the renewals I have (dog breed clubs and insurances etc) seem to be due in Jan so FHAGBI was just too expensive!

ye she is really cute :) luv her to bits we dint bring ours but we were thinking about bringing our younger one as he has really really gd breeding :)

We might be going... it depends!

It also said in the FPS book that they're do private gradings if theres enough people, and horses? So as it would be hard getting all 10 there!, we might see what the chances are of them doing it at our place. But we'll see....

id love to go again though and maybe take the two foals.. dunno which two we'd choose out of the three though! lol

we'll think about it closer to the time lol

Yeah, anyone who hasn't been before who is thinking of going, definately look into desensitizing your horses! Poor Una had rather a shock when people were running after her yelling and cracking lunge whips! Though, i have been told that you can request they hold up on the whips a bit so thats worth remembering!

Really good to find a few friesian owners..........well I will be there with my lovely boy. He's just turned 4 and hopefully they wont be to unkind to him

newrider.com