Friesian as a first horse?

Crikey - that is very bad luck indeed. :( so sorry for your injury and pain and inconvenience. I would definitely ask them if they would hold fire on the horse until you are mobile again. He does sound like a very steady sort in a crisis, and it isn't too often that a horse will hold its head when another right next to it is having a total hissy fit.

I do see that it was an unavoidable accident and nothing that anyone could have predicted or been held responsible for...but you never know the owners might just feel more inclined to wait for you on this, especially if they do genuinely want to find the right home for this horse?

Crikey - that is very bad luck indeed. :( so sorry for your injury and pain and inconvenience. I would definitely ask them if they would hold fire on the horse until you are mobile again. He does sound like a very steady sort in a crisis, and it isn't too often that a horse will hold its head when another right next to it is having a total hissy fit.

I do see that it was an unavoidable accident and nothing that anyone could have predicted or been held responsible for...but you never know the owners might just feel more inclined to wait for you on this, especially if they do genuinely want to find the right home for this horse?
I don't think their rushing to sell and have said as soon as I'm bk on my feet to let them know and we can make arrangements for me to ride him again and re-view him....fingers crossed they want feel the need to just sell x

I don't think their rushing to sell and have said as soon as I'm bk on my feet to let them know and we can make arrangements for me to ride him again and re-view him....fingers crossed they want feel the need to just sell x
Sounds like they want you to have him......

Reactions: mystiquemalaika
Sounds like they want you to have him......
Yea I think they were keen for me to buy him as they knew he was going to a lovely small private yard with only 2 other people there on livery, lovely large stables, good fields and where he would be devoted to and spoilt as part of the family. They've seen me ride him out hacking twice and both times (even with the last incident of me breaking my knee) said that i rode him extremely well and had him listening to me giving him confidence as he still seems to need a lot of confidence from his rider. As i said he's been mainly used for carriage driving and hacking but i was planning to try to take him further with his schooling in dressage, jumping, fun rides and even possibly a bit of XC later on if he was up for it. I've only recently got back into riding myself after years out so having private lessons again with a fantastic riding instructor who also teaches my daughter and her pony. That's why I didn't want to rush into buying him as I need to be sure he's safe for a not novice but re-gaining confidence rider and that he's got the ability to be schooled and do what I'm hoping to achieve with him, not as competitive but for fun. The horse needs to be right for the rider as well as the rider right for the horse, no point in biting off more than i can handle just because he's my dream horse, i want to be safe and have fun and not end up with a horse that is too much for me to handle and because of his lack of schooling i need to be sure i've got the ability to be able to bring him on without putting myself at risk.

newrider.com