Freezing!!!!

joellie

Apr 24, 2011
N.Ireland
-6 degrees here and freezing fog thrown in just to keep it fun:eek: The boys water in their stable was frozen this morning, only a small thin layer of ice but still frozen...my outside tap has been frozen for two days now and I haven't been able to soak my hay. I managed to get out for a hack yesterday as it wasn't too bad late morning when the sun appeared but today looks like a definite no, no as the roads are very bad with ice and the fog is so thick...I hate winter:mad::(:(:(

Oh that sounds pants weather!
I remember at our old house around this time of year we used to get freezing fog. It's nobodies friend. I don't miss it.

Reactions: joellie
So mild here which I'm pleased about, freezing fog is the worst thing. When I cycle in it my eye lashes freeze!

So mild here which I'm pleased about, freezing fog is the worst thing. When I cycle in it my eye lashes freeze!
I know it seems to get everywhere...I can even feel it breathing in...soooo cold!!!
The sun has came out now and it is looking lovely out but still bitter cold and the roads are still too treacherous to ride on ...marley is barefoot and has good grip but I am always frightened of a car skidding into us when their is ice on the roads:eek:

Don't shoot me but I'm really happy with the freezing and can even forgive freezing fog as it means my boys field is firm and dry :oops:
Hope it cleared for you and the fog at least buggers off.

Reactions: joellie
Eeeek! You will look like Jack Frost when you get where you're going:eek:

Hehehe that put a strange looking Ale in my head :rolleyes::p

Don't shoot me but I'm really happy with the freezing and can even forgive freezing fog as it means my boys field is firm and dry :oops:
Hope it cleared for you and the fog at least buggers off.

Yes you are right, it is better than the knee deep mud (prob have that about Jan/Feb:rolleyes:) but the ground is so hard that I am worried he will hurt himself when he is fooling around and its a pain having no water...the afternoons are lovely though when the fog has lifted but I never have time to ride in the afternoons:( The fog is back tonight...looks very eerie out there:eek:

newrider.com