freelance horse breakers?

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum as i've only just discovered you, but it looks a fantastic site and reading through the threads there seems to be a wealth of information in here! AND all free!

I'm looking for a freelance breaker in the Gloucestershire area, and wondered if any of you could recommend one?

Until now i've always done my own, but am now not physically capable of backing and riding away. All the ground work is done, and I never send my youngsters away as i feel this can disrupt them...... and having tried it once and had a bad experience i prefer to keep my babies at home.

None of them are difficult, and all have been sat on, but its the "going it alone" bit i need help with.

welcome :)

you will be able to find someone. best way is either word of mouth or have a look at the noticeboard in your local tack shop. there are usually people who advertise to bring on young horses. many will offer their own yard for training, but most will also come and school at your yard too.

i'm sure there will be people on here who will know someone in your area.

I would offer, but well, I have help from people as I'm in school and don't really deal with horses. Best of luck, I could point someone in your direction! :)

Please point them my way! i've tried the local tack shops - no adverts, and have asked around the local racing yards as they usually have a couple of lightweights that back the TB's, but so far zilch!

newrider.com