'Free to a good home' i cant believe it!!!

Tone

Feb 20, 2008
Near Stratford Upon-Avon
You know how many people would say not to trust any person giving away animals 'Free to a good home'. They say they are perfect in every way, they have no vices and they are completly healthy. And i know in most cases it tends to be the opposite and they most certainly are not perfect in every way, they have many vices and usually have a *few* health problems. Because lets be honest, why would anyone give away a perfectly good animal?

Well there are the lucky few of us, who decide to go for it and hope for the best and it all turns out beautifully.

Now most of you probably know Lantern, through my threads and Kc's, and i just wanted to let everyone know how fabulous he is!!

He was totally free, and seemed so lovely, so we thought why not?
Im so glad we did.
At first it was a bit rocky and we didnt get on too well at all and i thought why the hell did i agree to this, but recently we've become the perfect pair!!

After 2 sessions of 'Join Up' (Monty Roberts IH) he was following me around like a puppy, and now he never leaves my side and follows me abosoltly everywhere.

Thus making us quite a strong team, although hes 17.hh and 16 years old he is still the BIGGEST baby ever and i could never take him out alone for he was awful and would spook at his own shadow, but now he does everything trusting me 100% and its the best feeling ever!!

And also, would you believe this! Not ONE vice, hes SO easy to catch, worm, shoe,box, clip and all that jazz, and even stands totally still falling alseep while im tugging at his mane and tail.

Just perfect!!

I cant believe how lucky i'am.

And i just wanted to share that with you NR's.

He's one in a million and worth sooo much, i just cant believe he was free!! :)

*Sorry it was so long*
:D

Thats lovely!

My first pony was free to a good home but she responded to a wanted ad i had up on none other than New Rider!!!

She couldnt jump at the time but she can now (we are off SJ tomoro for the first time ever together!) There are some people who just want a nice home for there horse! Mine is the best pony ever! I love her to pieces!

Aww, good luck for your SJ 2moro!! Let us know how you get on!!

Its true, i think we just stumbled on luck as there are not that many people willing to give a great horse up!

Lucky us!! :)

Good luck for 2moro!!!! :D

That's lovely :)

my 'free' horses haven't quite worked out to be such bargains as lantern, but we'll get there one day :)

Thats great to hear!
im the same as Roofio, our mare that we got for 'free' cost us alot more than we bargained for, all for nothing.
but im glad that it turned out for you!

Aww so glad to hear that!

i have been following you threads and to be totally honest i have been getting increasingly jelous! hes such a gawjus boy...you are very lucky!

well done on taking that big opportunity of getting lantern, how much did that pay off!

definetly keep us updated, we hope to hear of many big things from you and lantern! :D

Ax

p.s i love his name :p

newrider.com