Free Rein Riding Holidays

JodieB

Dec 12, 2019
I'm thinking of booking in for a Free Rein Learn to Ride weekend in the spring. Has anyone been on one of these? If so what level of fitness would you say you need to get the most out of it. Was it a good experience?

Never done it but looks great - especially if the pub stop is part of it!

I've done some of their unguided trails, can't comment on the leave to ride weekends but they're a great business and the people and horses are awesome so I'd definitely recommend giving it a go!

Hi ! I went on a Free rein Holiday last year. We went on the three day ' learn to ride' trail from their stables just outside of Hay on Wye, as my friend was a new rider. We stayed at a lovely pub each night called the Roast Ox in Painscastle, and our rides took us across the Lanbedr Hills in Mid wales. It was stunning, but sadly rainy! we had a great time , but golly, 3 days in the saddle, I ached! It was a wonderful experience, and the horses are extremely safe, they would have to be exemplary. Our guide was incredibly knowledgeable, and an accomplished rider in many disciplines. There were times when we were in wide open spaces on the hills, and you would think " Uh -oh, Its gonna get hairy", but nope. If you haven't already done it, go for it!!

Reactions: Huggy
newrider.com