For those of you with old body protectors...

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
Buy a new one!!!

I replaced my old (8 year old!) Rodney Powell body protector for a new Airoware one this week. It is fantastic - so much more comfortable and I can really move in it. I thought my old BP was comfortable, but this one is so much better.

Agree MP - I didn't have an old one to replace but got an airowear about six weeks ago and it so comfortable I truly forget I'm wearing it.

Interestingly I had decided that would probably be for me before I went to the (very very large well stocked) saddlery to make the purchase. I had a helpful person advising me on which size etc, and when I asked if I should try on any other makes for comparison she explained they are now only stocking airowear because they have found them to be the best and the most popular!

I wanted to buy another Rodney Powell but my big tackshops only stock airowear or the air jackets now. I did want a racesafe one but I'm the wrong shape (as I have curves!). I'm so pleased with my airowear, well worth the money.

I love my racesafe. I tried a RP one and an airowear one about 2 years ago and hated them on. I took a chance with the racesafe because I liked the look of them and everyone who had one loved them so I phoned up treehouse and gave them my measurements and they told me what size to get over the phone. It is a perfect fit and I think it is fab.... Not that I ride in it much mind you!

I seem to be of child-like proportions as I am short with not a lot of curves. My racesafe is an XL childs with a long back as the smallest adult size with a short back would have been too big for me in a couple of places:redface: (in fact all the BPs I tried on were too long for me in the back!)

newrider.com