For the ladies - Serenity cream

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
Has anyone used this as a natural HRT? I've been having hot flushes for a couple of weeks and was recommended this by a friend today, but I've just googled it and found a lot of conflicting reviews - some saying it's marvellous and others that it gave them a splitting headache and their periods started again.

I had hot flushes a few months ago and went to the docs but she thought I was a bit young (47) to be starting menopause and also said that doing the blood test I was hoping for was pretty pointless because for the few years before the menopause your hormones can be up and down all the time anyway so the blood test could give a different result each week! Strangely the hot flushes stopped after that but seem to have come back. (I had a Mirena coil put in a year or two ago because of heavy periods and now I hardly have any, so can't go by that!)

Would be interested to see replies to this, I have all this to look forward to! I don't know how old you are when the change comes - I have heard it can start at 47? I have a few years left before hand but like to know whats coming next! I don't really fancy HRT - have heard so many mixed bag reports about it. Would prefer something natural if possible.

I hope I'm lucky and don't have dramatic symptoms!!! OH says he is dreading me getting moody (he has heard lots of rumours about how women get moody when it happens!lol).

I'm 46 :cry: I hope I go through the change soon.

I am planning on having HRT, I have had terrible moods once a month for years, don't think my family could cope with a prolonged period of me in a :furious: mood.

!!!

Thanks ladies. Not sure whether to try it or not - it is quite expensive. A friend was going to post a comment on Facebook about how it is good for increasing your sex drive so that my OH would read it and hopefully offer to buy it for me!

I'd have HRT but docs won't give me it yet as they say I'm too young to be menopausal. TBH I'm getting so many hot flushes I'm not sure whether that's a normal symptom - I'm usually a cold person and a very good sleeper but now I keep waking up at night feeling too hot and all day long these hot flushes keep washing over me. I'm not moody though NO I'M NOT AND DON'T YOU DARE CONTRADICT ME!!!!

newrider.com