Food, fun and Sunday in general!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Okay, bit miffed at not being able to get out for a ride but never mind, it will be spring soon.................So, what foods are you all having? What things are you doing? It's weird but even though we work from home now, Sunday still feels like Sunday......I have decided to have a long overdue look at all my clothes - I put so many away into storage etc and forgot about them, I seem to be wearing things on a "loop" - ie the same fleeces come out of the drawer every week! And, I am going to have a good sort out of my books - I seem to have acquired enough paperbacks to start a mini Waterstones.........:redface:
OH has made lentils (curied) for lunch as a starter and then we're having some fish. It's a weird odds and ends meal, as the base for the lentils was last nights chicken curry - but I don't like wasting stuff so it's great to make another dish from it. Tonight we're having a chicken casserole (tis in the slow cooker now) with pasta. The casserole should be nice and spicy, I think he's put lots of chillis in and peppers. Mmmmmm.
And of course inbetween this I will be popping around to the girls to check on them - and fill night nets, and sweep the yard, and poo pick the school (good job it got harrowed now the snow has come - can't be doing with a lumpy surface).

Well I'm all sad because hubby has just left to go to Dubai on business for 4 days. Back on thurs am :(( Before he left we had ham, eggs and toast plus a lovely fruit salad with mango raspberries grapes etc. He really misses all pig products and fresh fruit and veg when he goes over there hence the special brekkie! .... I cooked the ham last night, think ill go and put some of it in some pea and ham soup once BC has gone off to sleep :)

Well I'm all sad because hubby has just left to go to Dubai on business for 4 days. Back on thurs am :(( Before he left we had ham, eggs and toast plus a lovely fruit salad with mango raspberries grapes etc. He really misses all pig products and fresh fruit and veg when he goes over there hence the special brekkie! .... I cooked the ham last night, think ill go and put some of it in some pea and ham soup once BC has gone off to sleep :)

Aw, well I am sure it will soon pass - you'll be kept busy no doubt!!:smile:

Yes it will, just a bit terrified at having BC to look after all on my own, I really don't know how single mothers do it, they deserve a medal. Just hoping he's sleeps ok as ill be a zombie if he's up all night :)

Aw, fingers crossed - sure you'll be fine, I take my hat off to mothers - I don't know how any of you cope with lack of sleep! :smile:

Have a rare day off with OH, making the most of it, I'm watching rugby and he's ensconced upstairs :rolleyes::giggle:
We've been out and about this morning, had a lovely cooked breakfast yum! Still full so not had dinner, just a few nibbles around me for the match!

Tea tonight is chicken curry nom nom!

Well I has an amazing time at church this morning. Then took lunch over to OH and daughter and tidied up the yard a bit.
Came over to mine, absolutely chucking it down, fields are a swamp again. Girlies shivering so changed their rugs and now as they munch their hay the rains stopped so I'm sitting on a very damp and muddy step listening and watching them :biggrin:
Chickens in the oven for when I get home, gonna make some rosaries and cauliflower cheese to accompany topped off with Haagan Daaz pralines and creAm - happy soggy days :biggrin:

I have just sat down after a very busy morning,

I walked the dogs down the river, they came back very muddy.

Turned out 4 horses, mucked out 3, gave a lesson to a friend.

Came home cleaned downstairs and scrubbed the kitchen floor (worst job)

Cooked two cakes,

Had lunch with OH who just got back from golf nothing much just a sandwich and some crisp (OH keeps eyeing up the cakes)

Now sat with a cup of tea watching rugby before I go back to the yard bed down 3 and bring them in before I ride Chanter.

Get home and iron uniform for week

Don't know what is for dinner tonight yet.

Well I sorted my clothes out - found some stuff I haven't seen in ages!lol . Just going to hoover the stairs carpet (only place we have one thankfully - the rest is all stone floors or wood so not much maintenance!!!). The snow is still falling here - but I don't think it will cause a problem with the road, I doubt if it's sticking properly elsewhere (hope so, or Sainsbury's won't be able to come down!)

I got back from doing the ponies before Esme woke up then had a nice hot bath to warm up and feel more human. After that I had my usual porridge for breakie. Such a warming comfort food.

Esme and I sourced a nice sounding butternut squash soup recipe this morning and on the way to get the ingredients, ended up in the cinema watching Wreck it Ralph (1.5 hours of my life I'll never get back). I was good and didn't bother with cinema snacks. Having got home starving, I decided in an Asda healthy option ping meal for lunch and threw it out it was so awful. Decided to try the other and threw that out too so won't be bothering with Asda own brand ping meals again! Am now munching on a ham salad sandwich with piccalilli instead of butter and waiting for Esme to finish doing her homework do we can cook up the butternut squash soup.

Hubby is due home tonight having been away since Friday, not that we saw him that morning. I'm doing a pork roast dinner for when he gets in tonight.

I got back from doing the ponies before Esme woke up then had a nice hot bath to warm up and feel more human. After that I had my usual porridge for breakie. Such a warming comfort food.

Esme and I sourced a nice sounding butternut squash soup recipe this morning and on the way to get the ingredients, ended up in the cinema watching Wreck it Ralph (1.5 hours of my life I'll never get back). I was good and didn't bother with cinema snacks. Having got home starving, I decided in an Asda healthy option ping meal for lunch and threw it out it was so awful. Decided to try the other and threw that out too so won't be bothering with Asda own brand ping meals again! Am now munching on a ham salad sandwich with piccalilli instead of butter and waiting for Esme to finish doing her homework do we can cook up the butternut squash soup.

Hubby is due home tonight having been away since Friday, not that we saw him that morning. I'm doing a pork roast dinner for when he gets in tonight.

I don't rate Asda's own brand ready meals at all. They look okay on the packet...............their cooked meat isn't too bad though.

Well I'm just back from a mammoth 2 hr walk with BC. I sang to him all the way round to keep him awake so hopefully he sleeps really well tonight! Casserole from the freezer and mashed pots for me tonight and some girly TV I think... All the things hubby hates to watch when he's here..... There are benefits to him being away :)

Well I'm just back from a mammoth 2 hr walk with BC. I sang to him all the way round to keep him awake so hopefully he sleeps really well tonight! Casserole from the freezer and mashed pots for me tonight and some girly TV I think... All the things hubby hates to watch when he's here..... There are benefits to him being away :)

He will be back before you know it, enjoy your girly TV x

Wow, you will be keeping nice and fit then!! Enjoy your tv tonight.:smile:

Well, I've just brought the girls in early, they were both more than willing to head back to their stables! There's nothing nicer than seeing them munch their nets and hearing the contented snorts...........hehehehehee, not so bad for a Sunday really..............

Went shopping this mornng to the new Morrisons store in Sittingbourne. I was a little dubious about all the people and crowds but it was ok.

I was impressed, still more expensive than ASDA, but much nicer to walk around etc. I managed to get a whole weeks worth off supplies for just over £50 YaY! All british produce and no ready meals ah ha!

I then went to the horses with my son and the dog. It was raining and freezing.

Chilled out for an hour and I am now cooking a sunday roast (chicken).

TV is not to bad this evening so I am looking forward to that. I love Sundays:smile:

It is snowing heavily:frown:

Had a quiet day,went to see malaika and give her her feed and some hay then took the dogs for a wee walk,spent the rest of the day watching crap on tv testing my knee,now watching the water horse :smile: and I'm seriously contemplating pancakes for tea!been craving them for a week now so going to give into temptaion :biggrin:

Took my friend to a SJ comp today, so had fun with friends and it was indoors so didnt get soaked :)

Tonight I am making bacon and chicken carbonara pasta bake its in the oven already and smells scrummy!

newrider.com